High Tide Aquatics

BAR's Swap Bonus/Ultra Coral List

We've actually been debating that ourselves.
So on a case by case basis... would bicolor (purple/green) frogspawn qualify? Actual frag (two heads):
a4800b4babc2940ffb9d2999a157a61c.jpg

Just want to drop my opinion on what I would really like to see at a swap.. everyone I have ever gone to has had the corals randomly placed making it hard to find something particular. If i had it my way we would see something like this.

1.ultra corals were you bring 2 pick 1 . Divided by coral type. So your not looking through $5 corals looking for an ultra Eliminating the fear I have of bringing a supper nice coral and picking something not supper nice. Ultra corals go first round separate from bonus round.

2. One table or these could be areas some how separated of bonus corals bring 3 pick 1 separated by type of coral. Second group to go with bonus tickets.

3. Third area, All other corals for the rest of the swap separated by type of coral.[will actually be the last to swap]

This would require 3 types of tickets and would make the search much less stressful for many especially newer folks that have a hard time distinguishing between corals.

Now your random picks, I like this part everyone who is in the swap gets one raffle ticket select a number of tickets to pull related to the number of bonus and ultra corals remaining say 10-20% of the total that group then has there turn right after the bonus round.

At this point if you brought an ultra you should have one if you brought a bonus you should have one and a few lucky folks get to go before everything is picked over.

At this point you still have ultra corals out and bonus corals out and the normal armband color swap can begin.

To me this gives everyone a fair chance at picking up an ultra and bonus coral because if you were lucky you got a raffle for a shot at some nice corals in the ultra and bonus witch normally you would have no chance at if you were in anything past the second or third group. I think I wrote this in a way that makes sense if not ask me to explain more and I will. I have been to many raffles and brought many ultra and bonus only to be disappointed because I couldn't find a ultra or bonus coral to bring home I stopped being ultra corals after my third swap I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave up. I hope this input is helpful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if any of the following are an acceptable add to the bonus list for the upcoming swap?
- Neon Green/Yellow Maxi-mini Nem (1" to 1-1/2" in diameter)
- Tri-Color Monti
- Superman Monti
- Neon Green Pavona

Wondering if any of the following are an acceptable add to the bonus list for the upcoming swap?
- Neon Green/Yellow Maxi-mini Nem (1" to 1-1/2" in diameter)
- Tri-Color Monti
- Superman Monti
- Neon Green Pavona
Sorry Ashalye, the last day to submit corals to be added to the list was the 9th. :( Please feel free to still bring them to the swap though.

@rcaron20, it's too close to the date of the swap to make changes to the way the swap will be run. Changes like you are proposing may be great but there needs to be a chance for discussion to happen about the changes and for those changes to be publicized to everyone. This way no one is caught off guard. Please bring up these suggestions for the next swap though.

Back