got ethical husbandry?

28 gallons of sand

Hey all - thought id create a new build thread for my nano here, as I kind of stopped updating the other one due just to me being lazy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FTS
IMG_1583.jpg

stock list:
2x spotted/hassi garden eels
1x splendid garden eel (orange w/ white)
orange spotted shrimp goby
clown goby
yellowhead jawfish

and generally i have a sand sifting goby but hes currently banished to the frag tank. Bought another splendid eel (gonna try again!) from 6th avenue aquarium a week ago, hasnt eaten anything yet but is showing interest. the sand sifter got moved out because it was scaring the eel. hopefully i can get it eating using some live brine.

corals:
3x neon green toadstool
green nepthea
green star polyps
pulsing xenia
liam's cloves
orange ricordia florida
green yuma
miami hurricane chalice
purple stylo
photosynthetic gorgonian
frogspawn
rasta zoanthid
green palythoa
pink zoanthid
neon green trumpet coral

inverts:
blue leg hermit crabs
red tuxedo urchin
tiger pistol shrimp (paired with orange spotted goby)

equipment:
eshopps 75h protein skimmer
2x accela pump 266 gph returns
28 gallon intermediate LED hood + blue LED addons

ill be logging here how it goes with the new eel - hopefully it does better than the last 2 splendids.

just a by the way, if anyone ever sees any garden eels at any store around the bay area, it would be cool if you could let me know! im always on the lookout for them, as stores very rarely ever get them.

oh yeah, forgot to add. this system is pretty low-maintenance. I dont test or dose, just a water change every 1-2 weeks and feed once a day. also only 1 SPS, so not that much being used up

pretty sure the new splendid i got last weekend died - havent seen it since yesterday morning. damn. i thought it was going to do well because it was showing interest in food

i picked them up from AC today. didnt even know that color strain existed, and thought it looked super cool. I already have liams cloves (yellow/goldish with green) but orange red with green i have never seen before

orange spotted goby + tiger pistol shrimp pair

watch till end, jawfish attacks the goby for some reason, guess it got too close

fba98033730999f1a98a5dc9843dfb44.png

found some garden eels for sale at bluegrassaquatics.com, most likely will order 3-5 more after re-doing the rockwork. going to be removing a lot of the rock and adding more sand as i want to focus on the eels.

Back