Kessil

Apex ATK Auto Top Off Kit

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
First, thanks to Neptune Systems and BAR for providing the opportunity for me to win this art the raffle.

Second, I got it set up today and thought I'd give a quick report on the unit. It's awesome! I've set-up a couple of other brands of ATO's in the past and this is by far the most solid, well-built, well thought out unit I've seen.

There's a two minute video online that shows you how to set it up in less than 5 minutes -- and you can! It actually took me longer than that because I had to run tubes and wires behind my 6 foot stand and to a couple of different sides. If not for that it would be a five minute set-up.

Clicked it on, adjusted the sensor height and boom! -- it worked perfectly. I love this thing! Best one dollar I've ever spent (on the raffle ticket.) However, it's worth every bit of the $200.00 price tag. At that price it's comparably priced to the Tunze which is considered the best choice by many and this is much, nicer and safer.

Does it have redundant features like the Tunze does, such as magic eye sensor, float switch, meter timer? Is it suitable for all size tanks?

Just set mine up too today. I had an issue with the siphon break that was included (the hole wasn't drilled all the way through, so no siphon break, but I just made my own hole). It took me awhile to hook up to my Apex Jr. controller as well, because I had to update both the firmware and FMM module. But overall it was quite easy and well built.

I've had the Tunze, ELOS, and some other cheap one in the past. This one is definitely the best. Two optical sensors, a float valve for redundancy, and has it's own shutoff after a certain amount of time so it will never overflow. It also learns how much the average time is needed, so if it varies from that schedule it will warn you.

Pretty awesome.

Does it have redundant features like the Tunze does, such as magic eye sensor, float switch, meter timer? Is it suitable for all size tanks?

Tripe redundancy. Double sensors + built in float valve + it "learns how long it's normally on for and cuts itself off if it runs long. Add to that you can plug an Apex leak detector directly into it and your Apes will shut it off if it detyects a water leak. So quadruple redundancy if you use it with an Apex. It can be run as a stand-alone too.

Also the ATK's base is the FMM module so you can just buy extra flow sensor add to it = FMK

You can also use FMM for leak detection modules if leaks are a concern of yours. Just make sure if you buy them, there's two versions: one that works with FMM and one that works with ALD. They are not interchangeable.

Tripe redundancy. Double sensors + built in float valve + it "learns how long it's normally on for and cuts itself off if it runs long. Add to that you can plug an Apex leak detector directly into it and your Apes will shut it off if it detyects a water leak. So quadruple redundancy if you use it with an Apex. It can be run as a stand-alone too.

The 'learning' part (IQ Fill) is only in stand alone.

In stand alone mode, you can plug a leak sensor into port 3 (I think) and also an optional optical sensor into port 4 to serve as an ATO reservoir low sensor. These ports are preassigned in stand alone mode.

In connected mode, it's just an FMM module that you then program.

If you haven't checked recently, under Fusion there is a new item called TASKs. This will simplify a lot of the programming for the usual stuff we used. The ATK has a Task and it will program the safety timers and switches for you if you follow the instructions.

FMM + leak sensors = LDK (Leak Detection Kit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In stand alone mode, you can plug a leak sensor into port 3 (I think) and also an optional optical sensor into port 4 to serve as an ATO reservoir low sensor. These ports are preassigned in stand alone mode.

If you haven't checked recently, under Fusion there is a new item called TASKs. This will simplify a lot of the programming for the usual stuff we used. The ATK has a Task and it will program the safety timers and switches for you if you follow the instructions.

It's almost like you test these things or something!

I noticed that the learning algorithm that shuts off based on how long it's usually on is only used in the stand alone version personally. I got up one morning and could barely hear the hum of the pmup in the garage and it was staying on much longer than usual. I checked and the barrel was empty. I checked the apex and it had been on several hours. That was back when we had a slew of really hot days and the tank evaporated a bunch of water.

I added an extra OS-1 sensor to the FMM that came with the ATK to detect when my reservoir is low, which emails me. I'll just go and turn on the RO/DI and have it fill it up (with a float valve in the ATO reservoir). That last bit I was going to automate with a neptune solenoid, but I don't have anymore ports for my Apex Jr.

I added an extra OS-1 sensor to the FMM that came with the ATK to detect when my reservoir is low, which emails me. I'll just go and turn on the RO/DI and have it fill it up (with a float valve in the ATO reservoir). That last bit I was going to automate with a neptune solenoid, but I don't have anymore ports for my Apex Jr.

Get another FMM, add some flow sensors and a solenoid valve. Problem fixed.

My atk failed again today. Stupid model shows up with lightning icon only way to reset is unplug the aquabus and power adapter. I'm using these latest firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back