Cali Kid Corals

Pump tubing issue! Funny

Hi everybody I am somewhat of an amateur here so I have my innovative marine 50 tank that cycling right now but the pump is a little loud so I went on eBay and bought a sicce 2.0 pump used.

Silent and more flow right?

Well it arrived today and I disassembled the stock pump put the tubing into the replacement pump it didn't quite fit snugly I put it in the sump turned it on and it was a disaster spraying water everywhere in my house I realized quickly that the tubing sizes are a little bit off

I have the spin streams and the tubing that goes with that but since this pump is not innovative marine it's tubing not a perfect fit

Are there adapter tubing for an issue like this? Do I go to osh or Home Depot and rig it?

Thx
Arvind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are adapters for sure but a picture is worth a thousand words.
You can also buy new hose, smaller diameter and heat it to fit the output of the pump; as an added safety measure, a zip tie or plastic clamp will secure the hose.

According to BRS, the outlet is 1". You'll probably need an adapter for it. You can actually measure it with a ruler to see what the inner diameter of the plumbing is.

You'll then need to look for a barbed reducer, or insert x insert reducer. If it's a standard size, you can probably find them on Amazon or MarineDepot has a lot of good sizes. If you need anything weird, I bet @robert4025 has it.

According to BRS, the outlet is 1". You'll probably need an adapter for it. You can actually measure it with a ruler to see what the inner diameter of the plumbing is.

You'll then need to look for a barbed reducer, or insert x insert reducer. If it's a standard size, you can probably find them on Amazon or MarineDepot has a lot of good sizes. If you need anything weird, I bet @robert4025 has it.
Hi kinetic
The outlet is 1 inch on the sicce or IM? I think I read the opening on the sicce is 3/8

For the last hour. I've been trying to find the tubing diameter for the IM

The IM has a smaller opening than the sicce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi kinetic
The outlet is 1 inch on the sicce or IM? I think I read the opening on the sicce is 3/8

For the last hour. I've been trying to find the tubing diameter for the IM

The IM has a smaller opening than the sicce

Just measure it with a ruler. Inner diameter. The 1" might be the O.D. of the tubing for the Sicce pump.

Also, once you put the right tubing on, look for ratchet clamps to secure it on.

Reducers:
https://www.marinedepot.com/Insert_...ttings-Plumbing_Parts-FT6243-FIFTFICO-vi.html

Clamps:
https://www.marinedepot.com/Plastic...ubing-Plumbing_Parts-FT15155-FIFTTUHC-vi.html

If MarineDepot doesn't have the right reducer, I would head to Neptune Aquatics. Just give them a call first to check. Or if you're closer to Aquatic Collection, I know they have some too (but probably not as much of a selection of plumbing things as Robert).

Thanks so much Kinetic
I measured the SIcce and the screw end part is about 1 inch diameter. The nozzle part needs to be smaller perhaps even a half inch... right now the nozzle part is about 3/4 inch.
Ill head to neptune. I hate that they dont have a phone number. I email but never hear back.

Thanks so much Kinetic
I measured the SIcce and the screw end part is about 1 inch diameter. The nozzle part needs to be smaller perhaps even a half inch... right now the nozzle part is about 3/4 inch.
Ill head to neptune. I hate that they dont have a phone number. I email but never hear back.

bring all your fittings to make sure.

does Neptune have the fittings? I brought the pump to work and will head down there after work. I just dont want to jimmy rig this. would rather get the proper fitting for it. It did run strong before the it went haywire and shot water in the air yesterday. Geyser city.

Neptune has the IM 50. I bought it new from them. There is another one there.
Ill just have them look at the sicce and the tubing from the IM and figure it out for me. Hopefully there is a barb adaptor

Robert told me they have all sorts of adapters and fittings. I had a weird 3/4" to 5/8" adapter need, couldn't find it anywhere except Neptune said they had it. I actually got lucky and found one a bit closer to me at Aquatic Collection, but to be safe Neptune probably has everything you'd need.

Back