Cali Kid Corals

Jepoy's 45 gallon beginner reef tank

Holy crack! On my way out to work this morning, I saw my mandarin pale and lifeless on the sand and I could've sworn he was dead! I do remember someone posting a pic here of their mandarin looking the same way and that they're supposedly just sleeping. So I just left him there, crossed my finger and went to work. I just took a peak at the tank via my security cam and the mandarin is no longer on the sand bed. I didn't really see him but I'm hoping he's somewhere in the rockwork looking for pods. Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1023d3b300a342343680778320915604.jpg

Pic of the nem that I bought from wfong. Finally decided to come to the front side of my rock work. Hope she stays there. [emoji4]

Any updates?

About the nem? So far she's pretty much stayed on that rock, she will move every once in awhile but she basically just rotates around that same rock. She doesn't get a lot of flow on that rock and I've read that's how they keep their "bubble tips" so I guess if it's happy I'm happy.

About the nem? So far she's pretty much stayed on that rock, she will move every once in awhile but she basically just rotates around that same rock. She doesn't get a lot of flow on that rock and I've read that's how they keep their "bubble tips" so I guess if it's happy I'm happy.

I don’t think there’s anything conclusive about how to get the bubble tips to stay. Some have said flow, some light, some food. I’ve had mine bubble up and not be bubbled; back and forth without any change in environment.

Argh!!! Just found out that the nem has decided to go on the glass at the corner of the tank [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]. Don't know what's so special about that corner, the clowns love that spot and the nem keeps going back. But despite that, they still avoid each other.

e8bbbba1dce9e82b2149aa84699d2fd9.jpg

When I got home, found drogon (my nem) very close to the powerhead.. luckily she had attached to a piece of rubble rock. I picked up the rubble rock with drogon on it and placed it on the rockwork that she lived on before she decided to go on an adventure today. Here's hoping she's had her fun and decides to stay there.

Those covers restrict so much flow

I don't disagree and they're a pain because you have to clean them pretty much every other day, but would you rather have a BTA in your tank or BTA soup? Especially knowing that you have a "walker."

Back