High Tide Aquatics

Is my Monti dying

I have a Green Spongode Monti from @Wlachnit and it pulled in its polyps a couple days ago. It still has color just no polyps. Is it dying? The rest of the tank is doing great.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Looks like it's sitting in the dark. Parameter change? Get it some more light/flow and see how it responds. As mentioned, should be nearly bulletproof.

No change in parameters. Maybe the Flameback Angel was chasing pods on it? I just ordered a couple of wave makers and an LED strip for that side of the tank. It could use a little more light/flow.

they are super smart, they are good at not getting caught red handed.. they know that it's wrong so they don't do it when they know you are watching.. that's the thing about saltwater fish, they are smart like Jurassic Park Velociraptors.

they are super smart, they are good at not getting caught red handed.. they know that it's wrong so they don't do it when they know you are watching.. that's the thing about saltwater fish, they are smart like Jurassic Park Velociraptors.
I dont think mine is smart. But he is always amped up on something darting left and darting right. I think he may have a cocaine habit:eek:

The polyps are still hiding for the most part. Maybe 1/2 of them are out when it is dark at 6am when I add pods and phyto. Hasn't lost any color though.

Time for a change in scenery. Polyps are still hiding (been about 3 weeks) figured it was time to move it into Peter's 29 gallon. Put it right up top under the lights. We'll see.

Back