Kessil

Group Fish Buy From a Sponsor:

my understanding is it will be 15$ per item because of 300/20 if we go through a fish store?

and that comment was sarcastic, im totally fine waiting a few weeks ;);)

I am interested in Barbonius and sunset anthias plus some others possibly. Also completely fine waiting for the order until after October. Seems like a really good deal if we stick with Diablo.

How would you guys handle DOA? Happens all too frequently.

I would suspect that actual DOA's won't be an issue as a LFS is covered on those. It's the ones that die four of five hours later or the next day that the LFS wouldn't be responsible for as the order would be in our hands by then. But the point is a good one. I don't know how many peole have been present when an order arrives at the LFS, but it's disheartening to see the percentage of DOA's and soon to be dead. However, wherever we decide to get these we will face the same issue and I suspect that whomever ordered the fish is the one out of luck.

Depending on the total cost

Lobster Shrimp Purple (2)
804 Shrimp Harlequin (Orchid) Hymenocera Picta (2)
Shrimp Banded (2)
Shrimp Harlequin (2)
Turbo ( Common ) Snails (5)
Cowfish Long Horned (s) (5)

Shrimp Banded (2)
Shrimp Harlequin (2)
Are those all going in the same tank? Banded shrimp will kill other shrimp. It's also difficult to get them to pair up I believe. Harlequin shrimp ONLY eat sea stars so you need a steady source of them to feed on.

Are those all going in the same tank? Banded shrimp will kill other shrimp. It's also difficult to get them to pair up I believe. Harlequin shrimp ONLY eat sea stars so you need a steady source of them to feed on.
Have two tanks. Have banded coral shrimp in both, but the banded coral shrimp in one tank is too tiny to do anything. Regarding the HS, if the starfish are evenly distributed in both tanks, there ought to be hundreds based on the half dozen on each glass face. Not sure what the steady state between HS and cushion starfish will be, but I have starfish and limpets covering the tank since pyramid snails have killed all the margarita snails.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We've been putting pods in for a few months so we think we are ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool!

Shrimp Banded (2)
Shrimp Harlequin (2)
I was reading that you can only have 1 Cowfish? and if they feel threatened, they release a toxin that kills the whole tank? Guess I wont get one:(

Cool!

I was reading that you can only have 1 Cowfish? and if they feel threatened, they release a toxin that kills the whole tank? Guess I wont get one:(
Depending on tank size. I successfully kept a box fish and a cowfish in my 93g with no issue. They were both pretty friendly. But, yes you do have to be careful as they can both release ostratoxin which can wipe out a whole tank.

The Harley will decimate the starfish population in which ever tank they are in. Won't take long.

Since the most of the snails perished from pyramid snails, the CUC population that filled the void are asternia, stomatella snails, colonista snails and limpets. Asternia starfish breed like rabbits. You need wolves to cull the population. Some online forums say the shrimp will eat 1-3 asternia daily, while another forum says 15 asternia per day. If the former rather than the latter, then having two HS should be fine.

We bought an adult cowfish from the LFS, the cowfish died in the tank (from ich) and its tank-mates survived (clown fish, mandarin dragonete, damsels, firefish, pajama cardinal). Other reefers with deceased cowfish seemed to have verified their tanks were OK when their cowfish perished.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/t...ll-wipe-out-your-whole-tank-if-it-dies.89930/

Cool!

I was looking at sea hares-same issue. And I was like, ok, move along.

On another note how long were you seeding your copepods? Is she/he still as huge as
That pic you posted?

I was looking at sea hares-same issue. And I was like, ok, move along.

On another note how long were you seeding your copepods? Is she/he still as huge as
That pic you posted?

We have a Sea Hare and we love it!! He is fun to watch and a master of camouflage. Had 2 die and not a problem for the tank that we noticed.
Our Mandarin has gone missing for a couple weeks and is presumed dead somewhere:( Gonna have to try again. When we first started the tank, we bought a lot of live rock for the tank that was loaded with amphipods, and we started adding copapods a couple weeks prior to getting Mandarins. We are still running our copapod culture and currently have a 55 gallon pod tank with Rotifers, Tiggers, and Apocyclops pods. If you are ever near Redwood City, give me a holler and we can give you several thousand copapods. We also have a 25 gallon "cryptic" tank plumbed into the DT that we are adding our copapods into and have started culturing amphipods.
Cheers!

Back