Our mission

In the dog house

justjohno

Supporting Member
Funny story I’m sure a few of us have experienced. The wifey went out of town this weekend and made the decision to drill a hole into the wall. My tank is in the room next to the garage. Funny part about the story is her remark-“Great now we have a f@#$&@ Aquarium glory hole in our den”. It’s going to take some time for her to get over this one :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2” hole that I plan setup calcium reactor and plan for a chiller next summer. I have a mixing station in the garage and the hole gives me so many options. I started laughing when she said that, which I think made it worse. Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It’s low on the wall, about the same height of the power outlet. I tried to hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the wall is white, cut a plastic vinyl same size as the hole, and cut half way in the middle, stick the rest. Use the middle area for tubes and other stuff so it won’t look too obvious eye sore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s low on the wall, about the same height of the power outlet. I tried to hide it.

Try this to hide it a little.

0502AAF4-6F48-42AE-BD9A-A65197A31D05.png

BATIGE Brush Wall Plate Anti-dust Wall Mount Panel Cable Pass Through Insert for Wires Single Gang Cable Access Strap Wall Socket Plug Port for HDTV HDMI Home Theater (1 GANG (1 Pack), White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZFAS43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_K7W0zbKM90XEC

Randy, end of the day that was my thought to hide it or at least make it look better. Thanks for the idea.

Death by Snu Snu, that’s funny, where she been to understand that term and to quickly make that comment... hahaha

Note that if you make a "glory hole" between an inside room and the garage, you violate various fire codes.
Garages tend to have fires more often, so there are extra rules.
And where there are glory holes, I hear there is often oil, candles, and hot wax....

You also may consider getting a blank metal wall plate. They have them at Lowes/HD.
Cut holes the size you need. Paint it to match.
The plastic ones break rather easily.

Note that if you make a "glory hole" between an inside room and the garage, you violate various fire codes.
Garages tend to have fires more often, so there are extra rules.
And where there are glory holes, I hear there is often oil, candles, and hot wax....

You also may consider getting a blank metal wall plate. They have them at Lowes/HD.
Cut holes the size you need. Paint it to match.
The plastic ones break rather easily.
The Green Bay Packers are up 3-1 YEEHAW!!! Go Aaron Rodgers!!!

Didn’t even think about fire code. I might be in big trouble, thanks for the heads up. Need to look into that.

Didn’t even think about fire code. I might be in big trouble, thanks for the heads up. Need to look into that.

You may use fire foam too, Hilti and Great Stuff should be available most hardware stores, Grainger should have it as well.

Use the foam product after you are done with the plumbing, once dry, it's easy to trim

Back