got ethical husbandry?

Innovative Marine Nuvo 40 or Red Sea Max E-170

Hi all,

I am planning on restarting my tank and am thinking about moving to an AIO setup. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on either the Nuvo 40 or Red Sea Max E-170? I know the Red Sea is a full system but it's also significantly more expensive than the Nuvo.

Thanks!

If I can clean off my current equipment I’d probably go with the nuvo. I think my biggest concerns are the stands that IM uses, they appear to be aluminum? Has anyone here used their stands?

If I can clean off my current equipment I’d probably go with the nuvo. I think my biggest concerns are the stands that IM uses, they appear to be aluminum? Has anyone here used their stands?

Te aluminum stands are a new option. They still have their high gloss wood stands which are excellent. You can order either.

I have a RS Max E-170 and I really like it with the optional sump config. In it's AIO config, it's also a very nice tank. It comes with everything you need except a heater and an ATO. Between the rear chamber skimmer and the return pump, It's not the quietest tank. On top of that, almost all of the water fall areas make a bit of a splashing noise that need coarse sponge to quiet. These naturally will get dirty over time.

If given the chance to do it over again, I might have gone with the RS Reefer 170 since I wanted a sump anyway. The smaller overflow/return area in the Reefer 170 leave less area for low flowing dead spots like I now have in the back of my Max E-170. The plumbing to the included sump of the Reefer also makes a little more sense since the sump can be pushed all the way flush to the right of the cabinet freeing up max available space to the left for dosing containers or slim external reactors. The cheaper price of the reefer would have allowed me to choose my own light and skimmer as well.

I'll say that I'm a big fan of Red Sea build quality. It's by far the best tank I've ever owned.

Wow, I think I may have talked myself out of my Max E-170. ;)

I’ve seen IM Nuvo tanks. They look great. I have the Reefer 170, but mostly because I wanted a sump system. I think, however, I might have gone Waterbox if they made a similar dimension, since they use external overflows to free up space inside the display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back