Kessil

Sticky food.

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
I picked up some Mastick for my Copperband. He will eat Mysis, but seems to wait till he finds them stuck on a rock or on the sand most of the time and I was just a little concerned that he might not get enough food that way especially as I'm adding a few more fish in the next week or so. Anyway I searched for a "paste" that I could rub on a rock and found Mastick. The CB went right for it and picked away at the rock for about two hours. (So did every Nassarius snail that could reach the rock. I'll place it off the sand next time.) Problem is that when I received the package I found out that it cost $15.00 for about a weeks worth of pasty food.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced sticky food?
maxresdefault.jpg

It's kinda a pain to work with. It's a powder you mix with ro water, and you mix it into a paste and smear it onto rocks or glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kinda a pain to work with. It's a powder you mix with ro water, and you mix it into a paste and smear it onto rocks or glass.

It works well, but prohibitively expensive. I thought there would be a cheaper solution because it's a great idea for finicky rock-pickers.

Have you tried clams on a half shell? Some threads report consistent success with that technique.

THat means I have to go into a grocery store. I haven't been in a grocery store for a year or so. I hate Safeway! Frankly, the CB is eating mysis -- I was just looking for a different alternative once I get more faster eating fish into the tank. As of now he's fine, but I don'want him to have to compete for food with wrasses.

You'd be amazed at how fast CB can be once they're eating. Mine competes for food in the water column versus a couple of tangs, anthias, and chromids. I wanted to supplement the diet even more and bought the 70g package of the Masstick awhile back.

My copperband loves masstick, especially when I mix it with bloodworms or LRS. I got some rock covered in feather dusters and she cleared all of them out in a few hours. Shes getting super fat haha.

My copperband loves masstick, especially when I mix it with bloodworms or LRS. I got some rock covered in feather dusters and she cleared all of them out in a few hours. Shes getting super fat haha.
Where did you find feather dusters? I still need more for my cryptic tank.

THat means I have to go into a grocery store. I haven't been in a grocery store for a year or so. I hate Safeway! Frankly, the CB is eating mysis -- I was just looking for a different alternative once I get more faster eating fish into the tank. As of now he's fine, but I don'want him to have to compete for food with wrasses.

That's why instacart was invented, if you wanna try to go that route.

Back