Kessil

Will's 300g Re-Do

My Melanesian Hooded Wrasse’s fin is looking a bit better. Ive been using Kanaplex (thanks to @scuzy) as he goes through quarantine.

Crap iPhone pics
ca47859757c1dccced73b36ec11a0675.jpg

9582a5ae97ee46df36e00338959b2036.jpg

That was close but I think he’ll pull through. :)

I’ve had a few split fins but that does look a bit different. It’s not just a split but a chunk out of it.

Looks like the fin is getting better. He has gone through quarantine and I now him in an observation tank for a few days. and then, if all looks OK, into my DT by the weekend.

So now I just need to replace my Rhomboid and Linneatus and that should complete my Fairy Wrasse collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Will,
How is that Mars light working out for you? You mentioned it was rated at 132watts, does the transformer supply that much or did you get one that had a lower rating? I ask because I am getting the 300 watt version, but the transformer is only 50watts. How high above the water level is it? I know, a lot of questions
Cheers! Mark

Cryptocurrency mining, similar to Bitcoin, much to complicated to go into the specifics but lets just say it uses your CPU power to do stuff, think SETI@home, except instead of deciding whether or not you want to do it just going to a website launches it via java, without letting you know, using your computer as long as the website is opened without permission. Basically they make money just because your computer is on their site.

Luckily my anti-virus software also checks webpages and aborted the connection, but it seems odd they would have it. I mean they aren't one of those places that gives free content but needs to keep the lights running, they are by default making money by selling things.

Hey Will,
How is that Mars light working out for you? You mentioned it was rated at 132watts, does the transformer supply that much or did you get one that had a lower rating? I ask because I am getting the 300 watt version, but the transformer is only 50watts. How high above the water level is it? I know, a lot of questions
Cheers! Mark
The light has its own power supply built into it and come with a power cord. So, you just plug it into a standard outlet. I haven’t measured the current draw.

I have it hanging about 10” above the water. It was growing macro like gang busters for the first couple weeks and then it has stalled since then. I’m pretty sure it’s a nutrient issue.

Back