Neptune Aquatics

Get interviewed, promote your tank

Nav

Some of you might remember me: http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/reef-hobbyist-40b.16742/

I'm looking for a favor. My friend is a filmmaker and we had a chat about the reef tank I had and he was super excited to make a short video cos its such a cool hobby.

Unfortunately I don't have my tank anymore so was wondering if any of you were open to having a quick chat (short interview) with him? This is also good cos we're promoting our cool hobby

If you’re interested, please comment or message me directly.

This was the message he asked me to share....
_

My name is Austin Meyer and I am a filmmaker who has previously worked as a videographer for the LA Times and reported for the New York Times. I currently am doing independent work and have a YouTube channel where I come out with weekly films that aim to inspire, inform, and entertain viewers.

Nav was telling me about being a reef hobbyist and I thought that it was fascinating. I would love to do a profile about someone who is a reef enthusiast. The video I create would show this hobby in all its glory, but more importantly, would be about the person who is doing it. Why is it a passion? Why is it meaningful? Has having a reef in their house connected them to the oceans around us? Etc.

Attending the event this weekend sounds like the best plan, we could also get small interview snippets from other members too :)

I'm going to check with Austin and will let you guys know if he can make it to Dick's Tank Tour.

Thanks everyone for responding. I'm also going to try and stop by the tour...

Talked to Austen this afternoon and I invited him to come Saturday. He will interviewing me around 10:00 and will be staying to film the aquariums and talk to members about the reefing hobby. This will be his first experience.

Dick Flanagan

Back