Cali Kid Corals

Free: Large mexican turbo

kinetic

Supporting Member
I have two mexican turbos in my tank, and they've basically cleaned up the entire thing. To prevent them from starving, I'm trying to find a home for one of them.

Who wants it?

Pickup in Albany, CA.

Do you know if they eat long green hair algae?

Tried all sorts of methods to get rid of it.

They can sometimes, but I've noticed in my tank that's more the exception than the norm. Seemed they preferred the shorter stuff. Plus, if it's bad enough that it's really long and all over, you'll need a whole lot of turbos.

If you want to go the non-chemical route or having to add more CUC, I'd suggest a 3 to 4 day blackout once you identify what's causing it in the first place (e.g. too much food, nitrate/posphate imbalance, etc.). A blackout worked wonders for my problem. Corals shouldn't have a problem with the blackout. I didn't have a coral loss from my blackout. Make sure you know what is causing the problem, otherwise, once the lights come back on, the GHA will just grow back.

I tried everything in the book and its still here. In the end i decided to go without water changes and just let all the phosphates go away. Its been over a year now and its starting to work..

Back