Reef nutrition

Baster for feeding?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I tried three different turkey basters, and even a Kent Marine squirt feeder, and all of these have small openings that regular mysis doesn't fit into. The Kent one is the absolute smallest, what the heck would you even feed with that?

Please send recommendations! I need to suck up a bunch of mysis at once and squirt it into an anemone.

Find a mini cube ice maker tray ( diaso) and freeze those shrimp into cubes and just drop the ice cube into your anemone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like a good plan. Though if I can avoid sticking my whole arm into the tank to reach the anemones, that would be ideal.

Anyone use one of these?

https://www.marinedepot.com/V2O_Aqu...s-V2O_Aquarium_Foods-HL01984-FIFDFECR-vi.html
Yes this is exactly what I use, but found mine at Neptune’s. I use it to spot feed corals with reefroids, cyclopods and PE calanus, but haven’t tried it with larger foods.

I also use the same pipettes Bruce mentioned, but for dosing trace elements and measuring salinity.

Yes this is exactly what I use, but found mine at Neptune’s. I use it to spot feed corals with reefroids, cyclopods and PE calanus, but haven’t tried it with larger foods.

I also use the same pipettes Bruce mentioned, but for dosing trace elements and measuring salinity.

Good to know! I'll order it.

Damn that’s a good tip. I’m gonna do that as well, hope the smell won’t make my wife kill me

It doesn’t smell in the fridge, but the container itself will get a bit funky as the days go by. Gotta snip the tip a good amount too to prevent clogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t smell in the fridge, but the container itself will get a bit funky as the days go by. Gotta snip the tip a good amount too to prevent clogging.

I stole the idea from @Gablami too. Go to Daiso, they have squeeze bottles that don't require snipping.

ad244590e0902dac666e2f303b16213c.jpg

cd9ac149c6684ca3324170f1ab757897.jpg

I use the IM defroster. Break off a piece and toss it in there. It defrosts pretty quick and the tank flow dispenses the food.

I was using the squeeze bottles for a bit but it got really stinky so ended up defrosting daily. Tried to be lazy. :)

Back