Tempature- 77.6
Amonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nirate- 10
PH- 8.2
Alkalinity- 9
Mag- 1380
Cal- 410
Looking good. Are you testing phosphate as well?

Also once ammonia and nitrite are stably 0 you don’t need to test for them routinely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Give me a holler if you ever get to Redwood City. Have a couple frags of Pocillopora and a dime size frag of Idaho Grape Monti also.
Mark

thank you, but, i tried keeping a sps with no luck. when i first introduced him he was fine for a day and than he never opened up again. i dont know what is wrong with my tank to make it not bring out the flowers

Got this one the same time as the others and this one doesn't seem to open up.

741e5148547dc5cb51b679e104310dc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not trying to be stingy, I can give him any size he likes! I just thought saucer size might be a bit large for a 20g. Got them from @Newjack and they are really good looking and grow fast.

Haver you check water for chloramine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think he's getting his water from the fish store if I'm not mistaken. They shouldn't have any.

From your picture, it doesn't look dead, but yes the polyps aren't extending. How long has it been like that?

no i dont test that, and yes i get saltwater and ro water from fish store.

iv had it for about a week? first 1 maybe 2 days it was open and closed ever since, i read it requires high light so i moved it to the top of my rocks and closer to light, no change yet.

yes i have one in the back left. its near the bottom pushing across the back wall, i didnt want a dead zone back there. but didnt quite know exactly where it should be placed. thoughts?

I personally like to have 2 powerheads side by side at the top of the tank. It pushes the water across the top, hits the other side, goes down, and then comes back to the powerheads creating a gyre with flow all around the tank. There's a BRS video on gyres

they have been hiding in a corner ever since. im sure they just are not used to rocks and the new environment so i assume they will be fine in a few days.

Back