Our mission

Help. Do I need to install the ball valve?

Live and learn man. I realize all this the hard way now![emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if it makes you feel better, I learned the hard way also (a couple times). I had an 85 gallon tank with moray eels and it had a hose failure. It put 40+ gallons of salt water onto the floor which was carpet over hardwood. By the time we came home that day, it was too late. The flooring under the carpet had buckled about an inch and I found my self replacing a room full of flooring.
I also had a 55 gallon tank that the whole front panel popped off of. I was standing right there as 55 gallons hit the floor in an explosion. What a mess!!!
Cheers!

Well if it makes you feel better, I learned the hard way also (a couple times). I had an 85 gallon tank with moray eels and it had a hose failure. It put 40+ gallons of salt water onto the floor which was carpet over hardwood. By the time we came home that day, it was too late. The flooring under the carpet had buckled about an inch and I found my self replacing a room full of flooring.
I also had a 55 gallon tank that the whole front panel popped off of. I was standing right there as 55 gallons hit the floor in an explosion. What a mess!!!
Cheers!
I feel much better mark thanks for sharing that. We should start thread with everyone’s fiascos with siphons.

I had my 75 gallon goldfish tank spill about 30 gallons in the floor as I looked on bewildered when trying to figure out the fluval fx4 canister I began using. I thought divorce was imminent.

My wood floor is slightly warped with in the house I rent lol

Well I did it again. This time I set it up on the side of my tank. I cut the tubes shorter, got a slower pump , put ratchet clips on the tubing and installed two ball valves on the input and output houses so far it seems to be working OK.
I tested it by turning off both valves unscrewing the top so I can clean the chaeto out. No spills or leaks so far

279dc08b2bff775f6b7813306c8fffdb.jpg
3af01ef61791af43cceeab8926156632.jpg
261ee99b9ac5a642e0386b6a7b25d157.jpg
45cd35ff9fefabbf5edfe6fcfd883483.jpg
IMG_1685.JPG

I think medium I’ve got my flow at about 50 percent or otherwise the chaeto gets pushed to the top of the reactor

I’d put a small bucket, for the reactor, and move all power strips out of the way from water lines. It’s just me. Do as your wish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it better to have a fast flow or slow flow for the cheeto reactor

Chaeto doesn’t need a lot of flow to do its job (absorbing nutrients out of the water). Higher flow may yield some benefits since more of the water passes through it but pods will have a harder time propagating if it’s too fast.

Back