Reef nutrition

Peter's Garage Tank

This is like a very slow horror movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Up close it looks pretty funky. Here is a couple of better pics. of the disc.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Part of me wants to put it out of its misery and the other part wants to see what happens.
We though about slicing it with a blade, but nature is mysterious and we are just going let it be. We did a 25% water change and will keep an eagle eye on it.

Updates:
* Brittle Star - There area a couple of legs laying on the sandbed, 11 days and they are still moving. The legs with the disc attached are hidden somewhere in the rocks.

* Christmas Wrasse - Found him laying on the garage floor not moving and covered in dirt. Picked him up and held his face in the pump flow for about 5 minutes. He started to wiggle a bit and swam out of my hand into the rocks and I haven't seen it since - 4 days ago. Presumed dead.

* 55 gallon pod culture has been shut down and drained. Production had slowed and with the possible dead wrasse in the DT and the brittle star in Peter's tank, I stopped adding pods so as to not get a huge spike in nitrates/ammonia. When I pulled the cover today it smelled a little like rotten eggs. Tank is drained cleaned and put into storage.

Otherwise all is good and growing.
Cheers! Mark

Updates:
* Brittle Star - There area a couple of legs laying on the sandbed, 11 days and they are still moving. The legs with the disc attached are hidden somewhere in the rocks.

* Christmas Wrasse - Found him laying on the garage floor not moving and covered in dirt. Picked him up and held his face in the pump flow for about 5 minutes. He started to wiggle a bit and swam out of my hand into the rocks and I haven't seen it since - 4 days ago. Presumed dead.

* 55 gallon pod culture has been shut down and drained. Production had slowed and with the possible dead wrasse in the DT and the brittle star in Peter's tank, I stopped adding pods so as to not get a huge spike in nitrates/ammonia. When I pulled the cover today it smelled a little like rotten eggs. Tank is drained cleaned and put into storage.

Otherwise all is good and growing.
Cheers! Mark
That’s too bad. You know every time a tank is shut down a fairy loses its wings.

Well if my tank wasn't full enough already, just ordered a Garf Bonsai, Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort & a Purple Rain. Getting them from Tim on R/C. We already have a Garf from @Ibn and it is one of my favorites.

I will keep my eye out for you too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks! My wife says it is not fair that I am the only one that gets to enjoy the garage tank, so she wants a reef in the living room. My issue is I dont want to hear a reef running all night. The freshwater tanks in the L/R get completely shut down at 9pm til 7am. I would like to figure a way to do a remote sump in the garage but all the piping would have to go up to make it into the garage.

Back