Cali Kid Corals

Monzer's tank restart

Contractors these days are so freaking inefficient. If I had the same manpower, I would have been do me in no more than 3 weeks. Of course not counting the stucco.

So close, but it feels like a crawl. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It may be perceived inefficiency. I’m not there so I don’t know your personal situation but, it’s not in the contractor’s interest to be inefficient. It’s very common for a project to appear to be moving slowly towards the end since there’s no more big progress being made and it becomes more of the detailed work.

It may be perceived inefficiency. I’m not there so I don’t know your personal situation but, it’s not in the contractor’s interest to be inefficient. It’s very common for a project to appear to be moving slowly towards the end since there’s no more big progress being made and it becomes more of the detailed work.

sorry for taking so long to respond. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Agreed, but this guy was just so inefficient. Here is why. Rather than doing all of the rough plumbing at once, it was done to multiple phases. The same for framing, and even pouring concrete. I honestly lost count for the number of times he had his guys do this. I found out he has been working on 4 different houses at the same time. I wish I knew before hiring him.

Last edited:
Time for a quick update...

The construction is still not done. But the exterior is almost done. Just finished the flooring, baseboards, paint and finally I finally have electricity.

a141ff3d9fe3eadd2196327471e11b1c.jpg

The stucco is coming along nicely.

6b623a9340dbc766ed7ca3851ec3c86f.jpg

The tank is unfortunately still not delivered yet. Hoping to get more details this week and get an eta.

Last edited:
Seems like our remodeling projects are at the same stage. Remodeling our detached garage, turning it into a studio. Stucco is curing, I’ve also got that attic ladder (so cool). You’ve got hardwood in already though, so a step ahead. Looks like a great space. Are you installing A/C? We are going with a wall mounted ac/heat unit.

Seems like our remodeling projects are at the same stage. Remodeling our detached garage, turning it into a studio. Stucco is curing, I’ve also got that attic ladder (so cool). You’ve got hardwood in already though, so a step ahead. Looks like a great space. Are you installing A/C? We are going with a wall mounted ac/heat unit.

Yep. Planning on putting a mini wall mounted AC with a heat pump. Just haven’t gotten around to do it yet.

The beast is here!!!!

bb4c974796c86ff1437854f7df3375c7.jpg

Ummm not sure how I’m going to bring it inside yet. Need like 6-8 guys. Who’s free this Sunday before the super bowl? [emoji16]

I’m down. I can also drive if there is anyone else in the SF, south sf, etc area. Or east bay, if you can BART to Colma, that can help out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be funny to find out that it’s going slowly because you both have the same contractor and he’s bouncing back and forth between your two projects.

I may be able to help on Sunday. I come back in to town Saturday evening. I’ve got some suction cups I can bring too. Pm me.

That would be funny to find out that it’s going slowly because you both have the same contractor and he’s bouncing back and forth between your two projects.

I may be able to help on Sunday. I come back in to town Saturday evening. I’ve got some suction cups I can bring too. Pm me.

Hahaha... that would be funny.

Sweeet. Yes. Please do bring the suction cups. I will PM you my address.

Back