High Tide Aquatics

Two Weeks Out -- Update on Coral Market Set-up. Need Some Help From Members

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Here's where we stand. Requests for help in RED. New information also in RED.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Volunteers:

Set-up - Apon + two others he has corralled for Friday night set-up.

Booth Manpower-
11-12 Ranjib Dey
12-1 Flagg 37
1-2 Wlachnit
2-3 Bruce Spiegelman
3-4 Hermit
4-5 (+ breakdown) Apon

I would like two more volunteers. Would be nice to have some officer help here as well since there's cash at the table.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flyers - Will be created by Jepoy once we have all the vendor donations figured out. @@Corallus is working on this.

@@jepoy Can you also create the artwork for a new Vinyl Banner?

We have the new artwork in for the banner. It is fabulous! Simply fabulous!

We are also going to be doing flyers for every sponsor of the club whether they have donated to this event or not. Simply put the reason sponsors have been luke warm on BAR the last few years is they don't see an y commitment from us. Their impression is we are committed to asking for things, but we don't work too hard at making this a symbiotic or reciprocal arrangement. So we are adding sponsors logos to our banners and will hand out flyers for every sponsor at all events (which we will create.) I hope that's just a start of us being proactive in making this an arrangement that's good for them.

Donations for raffle so far:

1) Kimmie's Most Excellent Clowns - Kimmie -- can you get us some information for a small flyer for yourself or business cards so we can hawk your wares? Perhaps if we just get some artwork to @@jepoy he could throw together a 3X5 (or so) handout with your contact info and art.

2) Trying to convince Mike (@@Coral reefer ) to let us raffle off a Mike's Reef service deep cleaning session of a winners tank.

3) Reed Mariculture/ Reef Nutrition - (3) diffeernt packages for the raffle. A complete package of all their products, a top three products package and a TDO pack.

4) Clearwater Aquariums is donating some gift certificates (and is also a new sponsor.)

5) Kessil -- an A Series Light.

Still waiting on more.

____________________________________________________________________________________

We are planning on a membership drive that will offer an entry for an "Awesome Pack" for anyone who signs up for a BAR membership. We will push memberships right at the booth and have a laptop set-up for said sign-up. In addition, we will have a other "pool" of frags available that anyone who signs up gets one choice for free.

So here's what we need -- a dozen high-end frags for the awesome pack. I'm putting up an Oregon Tort frag, Red Robin, Cali Tort, Aussie Highlighter and WWC Yellowtip for the "Awesome Pack." I need donations of probably seven more nice named or desirable pieces-- sps or LPS/clams, etc.

Then we also need donations of the "one per signup frags." No clue how many of these we might need. This could work or it could be a spectacular failure and we don't need any. :)

We need a few established members to help us with the membership raffle. A donation of a few more pieces. SPS, LPS , Chalices, etc.

We also like to be able to give a choice of frag for all new signees. This can be pretty much any halfway decent frag. Please let me know whop can donate some frags and how many.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Selling from the booth:
-Shirts
-Glue
Anything else we can think of. Perhaps coral dip? Bags of frag plugs? Mike's "other" services? Wrack your brains and let's get some ideas

If any of the sponsors read this, kindly send me your logos in highest res possible (don’t matter what file format) if you want your logos to be nice and pretty on the banners and flyers. Pls PM me and I’ll give you my email. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It doesnt look like Peter and I will be attending. We can donate a couple frags
- Hollywood Stunner Chalice
- Pocillopora
- Idaho grape monti
- Miami Orchid acro
Not sure how to get them to the CFM though

Last edited:
I have some frags available. I won’t be able to attend, as I am working.

Red Planet
Raspberry lemonade
Blue tip stag
Miagi torte
Unknown favia

Who should I try to get them to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m in Pacifica......just south of SF. I can meet somewhere though, if needed.

If I can get there early enough this evening, I could pickup / store ??? Let me find out what time I can make it for if that's even an option on your side?

My thought on this is perhaps we can ask a couple of our sponsors that we know are setting up at the event to allow us a little tank space to hold these frags. That way we drive BAR members who will be dropping off to their stores (and possibly dropping a few bucks) and we can have a couple of central drop off spots for members to bring stuff in. I really am all for pushing a more symbiotic relationship with the stores that benefits them too. I know Fish Doctor and Clearwater will be at the show. You think this would be too much of an imposition or it would be beneficial to members and owners?

i can donate a wwc og bounce. i split mine a few weeks back and its starting to grow again. but somebody would have to explain to me a good way to transport it. what iv done in the past is just use a Tupperware container.

FYI - we can only put like 10 or so corals in raffle. So we may have too much? I will let Bruce decide.

LOL! Well I have about 17 frags ready to go. I can get them to you Arnold. We can do it a few days before.

FYI - we can only put like 10 or so corals in raffle. So we may have too much? I will let Bruce decide.

We can do ten or so in the raffle, but most of the more common stuff will be giveaways at one per person signing up to ensure everyone gets something. So we need more! If we end up with too many we can always drop them in mine or someone else's frag tank and bring them all to the next swap which isn't that far off.

i can donate a wwc og bounce. i split mine a few weeks back and its starting to grow again. but somebody would have to explain to me a good way to transport it. what iv done in the past is just use a Tupperware container.
I usually transport corals in these
upload_2018-1-27_12-34-55.png

Back