Neptune Aquatics

One Week Out Report - Coral Farmer's Market

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
We are one week out. Because of some lack of participation we will have to adjust a few things as noted below. Here's where the rest stands. Stuff in red still needs to be addressed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Volunteers:

Set-up - Apon, Vhuang168 and Flagg37 on Friday night. That covers the manpower. They will be setting up the table, frag tank, hanging the banner and drinking beer.

We seem to have a frag tank issue though as no one can find the light, light arm and any filter. Does anyone have a Kessil 350 or 360 with arm they can lend us for the event? Also a small HOB waterfall filter?

Booth Manpower-
11-12 Ranjib Dey
12-1 Flagg 37
1-2 Wlachnit
2-3 Bruce Spiegelman
3-4 Hermit
4-5 (+ breakdown) Apon

Still would like two more volunteers. Would be nice to have some officer help here as well since there's cash at the table.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flyers - Vendor flyer is complete. Jepoy rules. Someone buy him a beer at the event.

Banner artwork is complete. Jepoy rules. Someone else buy him a beer at the event.

Donations for raffle so far:

1) Kimmie's Most Excellent Clowns - Kimmie -- can you get us some information for a small flyer for yourself or business cards so we can hawk your wares? Perhaps if we just get some artwork to @@jepoy he could throw together a 3X5 (or so) handout with your contact info and art.

2) We will be raffling off a two hour deep cleaning session and tune-up from Mike's Reef Company. Specifics are it has to be appt only and within 30 miles of downtown. Max 30 gallons of Saltwater for water change, etc. Mike is somewhat concerned no one will be interested. I'll buy everyone a beer if he only gets one ticket. :)

3) Rich Ross is a club god. He has agreed to let us raffle off a behind the scenes tour for 2-4 people at Steinhart. Details to be worked out, but they will probably have to pay for entry to Museum and the tour will be 30 minutes to an hour. We could conceivably buy the winners a gift certificate for lunch at the museum as well if we think that it will make a difference.

3) Reed Mariculture/ Reef Nutrition - (3) diffeernt packages for the raffle. A complete package of all their products, a top three products package and a TDO pack.

4) Clearwater Aquariums is donating some gift certificates (and is also a new sponsor.)

5) Kessil -- an A Series Light.

That's all we got. So far we haven't heard back from other sponsors.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Changes to membership drive:

There will only be one large prize for the raffle and sign-up combo. We simply didn't get enough participation to also do one free frag for each sign-up. Admittedly, it's also a real nightmare trying to figure out how to get something like this all in one place to get transported to the event. So those who offered frags to the club BEYOND the "Awesome Pack.

We are planning on a membership drive that will offer an entry for an "Awesome Pack" for anyone who signs up for a BAR membership. We will push memberships right at the booth and have a laptop set-up for said sign-up.

So here's what we need -- a dozen high-end frags for the awesome pack.

So far from me: Oregon Tort frag, Red Robin, Cali Tort, Aussie Highlighter and WWC Yellowtip for the "Awesome Pack."

From Kmooresf: Red Planet, Raspberry lemonade, Blue tip stag, Miagi torte

It would be nice if we could get a few more SPS, LPS, A clam, etc. Surely we can get more than just two of us donating for this.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Selling from the booth:
-Shirts
-Glue
Anything else we can think of. Perhaps coral dip? Bags of frag plugs? Mike's "other" services? Wrack your brains and let's get some ideas

But if mike can meet me halfway between Berkeley and sf during lunch. I can pick it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flyers - Vendor flyer is complete. Jepoy rules. Someone buy him a beer at the event.

Banner artwork is complete. Jepoy rules. Someone else buy him a beer at the event.

No thanks on the beer, I don’t drink and reef, but I’ll take a can of coke [emoji1360]

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do design-wise.

Noob question.. how does the raffle work and am I allowed to participate in that or is it just for potential new members?

No thanks on the beer, I don’t drink and reef, but I’ll take a can of coke [emoji1360]

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do design-wise.

Noob question.. how does the raffle work and am I allowed to participate in that or is it just for potential new members?

i wondered the same thing. never been to one of these events

They will sell raffle tickets at the venue. There will be a variety of raffle prizes you can stick your ticket in. After the raffle is done the club counts all the raffle tickets in their item boxes. The venue gives the club $1 for each ticket.

Last edited:
Back