High Tide Aquatics

I'd ask my friends to come and see, An Anemone garden with me...

That’s really funny. Aren’t the holes in the basket bigger than the holes in the gutter guard stuff?

About the same, but the Nems don't even try. The only thing I can think of is the smooth acrylic fools them where the rougher plastic mesh feels more like rock crevasses.

mine never moved around in my makeshift plastic box. once i put them in the acrylic box one half was moving around every time i left even the slightest cap over the top (to let the water clean the surface from buildup)

To answer the question -- small holes in a Nem box are also not proof against a Nems travel plans. Three made it through overnight.
IMG_5907.JPG
IMG_5911.JPG

Holes are about the size of a pencil eraser. There's 30 Nems in the tank and only a couple seem to be on the move. It's always hard to say what makes any one Nem move. Looking for more/less fight or flow is a good guess. Also, Nems are used to feeling secure with their foot in a crevasses. Whey they are in a box I suspect they are more stressed than usual simply because of that. Also, these have been moved multiple times by me from one tank to another and then in and out of boxes over the last 2 weeks and I'm sure that's a factor .

Reactions: JVU
Ah, the age-old strategy to fatten them up so they can’t fit through the bars in the cell anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

time to order a new baby nem cages!

Just did. Swapping the small Nems to pond baskets.

For anyone keeping track of success and/or failure I've switched feeding from LRS to med. TDO pellets. Easier to control portion size and less messy to get right to the oral disc or close.

Just did. Swapping the small Nems to pond baskets.

For anyone keeping track of success and/or failure I've switched feeding from LRS to med. TDO pellets. Easier to control portion size and less messy to get right to the oral disc or close.

i was unaware anemones would accept pellets. thanks for the update!

Me neither. I’ve never fed my nem but since I got some sample TDO pellets at CFM, I’ll try feeding that to my nem tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nems will eat most anything. TDO pellets are clean and healthy. I've fed my rainbows LPS pellets and TDO for a few years now. I also got a hold of Chad at Reef Nutrition and he's been feeding his TDO exclusively for years and if its good enough for him it's good enough for me. The only traditional fish or Nem "food" I won't feed them is silversides.

Back