Cali Kid Corals

Free freshwater 120g glass tank setup

JVU

President
BOD
Free to a supporting member-

My daughter’s planted freshwater tank with complete setup and livestock. 4x2x2 ft, which works out to a little less than 120g. 1/2 inch glass. We bought it used about 6 years ago, I don’t remember how old it was then. She’s off at college and I don’t know much about freshwater.

When we bought it we also bought a new large fluval canister filter, and new in-tank UV sterilizer.

Tank/stand/equipment are in good condition, no problems I’m aware of. T5 lighting system with 6 bulbs, with 2 on 1 plug and 4 on another, probably need to be changed but they seem to get the job done. The cabinet is wood and I think was a custom build by the previous owner, workmanship is ok. A bunch of assorted equipment is included like heater, power strips, water change siphon, net, meds, conditioner, carbon, food, whatever else is there.

There are 4 fish, a bunch of small snails, and some translucent shrimp. Lots of freshwater plants.

It’s a nice setup. Why free?
- It has been getting only the bare minimum maintenance but even that is more than I have time for, or at least interest in. Priced to move as they say.
- I don’t know enough about it to answer a lot of questions like people would ask if I were selling it for a lot of $.
- I want the “buyer” to completely handle moving the tank out of my house into theirs, including draining, breakdown, carrying, driving, setting up, restocking, etc. So you’ll need at least 1 buddy, a truck/SUV, and some familiarity with freshwater setups.
- I’m “selling” everything together, no piecing out, because I don’t want to be left with anything or have this drag out.
- Sold as is, but it is running now and everything seems fine to me.

I’m in Walnut Creek. PM me. It would give me warm fuzzies if this tank were going into an educational/kid setting, but not required.

2d771c89b39a91eb5cda6872cc0a100b.jpg

f17c46ea20b916980d145698582124a0.jpg

f3b5345fe32276d2081f8d276a4205a5.jpg

e5d0d5165d15252b56b325eb35de78a8.jpg

027c6c9019a4391c21af9bcfe5436f8c.jpg

8cf9bcb199c7e1df4df6344c90873bdc.jpg

Hmmm, already have set up a 120 gallon reef in the elementary school, a 120 freshwater planted in the local elementary school would be twice as awesome.

Actually take me out of contention. I didn't see LordHelmet's response. Better for it to go to a school. I'll find other equipment for her. Actually only need a UV sterilizer and canister combo plus a light for her anyway. I have an aquarium set-up I can grab when I need.

LordHelmet -- let me know if you need help setting this up at the school.

Bruce, you take it. I was only thinking out loud at the moment. While I think the school kids would love having 2 interesting tanks in their library I think it would be a little much for me to maintain.

I’m behind Bruce if he doesn’t take it, I’m thinking replace it with my foggy 90g, but that will be a lot of work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bruce
I’m sensing a bit of an aquarium “problem”
My sympathies and understanding
Best fishes

At the point I stake out an entire hill, build a small house size structure, fill it with 71 tanks and have seawater tanked in every week on a flatbed truck every week I don't consider my hobby a problem.....

At the point I stake out an entire hill, build a small house size structure, fill it with 71 tanks and have seawater tanked in every week on a flatbed truck every week I don't consider my hobby a problem.....
Yeah I’ve seen that “problem”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back