Reef nutrition

Chalice Rocks for Chalice Lovers

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
I just picked up a few new Chalices for the collection and realized I love Chalice's, but I hate having little frag plugs with chalices scattered around because someday I may want to cut a frag off one so I can't let it encrust on the rock. So I contacted who else, but Jester Six and this is what he came up up with:

Chalice Rocks-
A mix of flat Reel Reef Rock held together with Emarco to make natural Chalice display rocks. If you decide to cut your chalice at some point you can just cut along one of the Emarco seams to make your frag, but the rock looks like it belongs in the tank.

28695951_961468814018043_560110998_o.jpg

Bruce you must have visited the same person I do. I have those same ones as well. The only one I didn’t grab was the jelly bean. RC I already had

Those are great! Really healthy looking. So what’s the principle of the chalice rocks, is emarco easier to cut through? What is the recommended tool for cutting? I’ve thought of using thin sheets of pukani and dicing with a bandsaw later.

Yes... the thought is that you should be able to cut through the emarco seams easier and this way the rocks look somewhat natural. Plus they are mad at a nice size that if you don't cut you will have a gorgeous large chalice that can be moved. You could search for and cut shelf rock, but it's a lot harder to cut and way more expensive and time consuming.

Got any pics of the seams? They look similar to his older 3" discs that he had awhile back but now with bits and pieces of Caribsea rock on top?

I'm waiting for a frag of this monster. There's a rainbow behind it but this catches my eye more.

403671236331318863%253Faccount_id%253D2

Got any pics of the seams? They look similar to his older 3" discs that he had awhile back but now with bits and pieces of Caribsea rock on top?

I'm waiting for a frag of this monster. There's a rainbow behind it but this catches my eye more.

403671236331318863%253Faccount_id%253D2

As soon as I have them in hand I'll post a pic of backside. More importantly, that thing is gorgeous!!!!!! I want it.

Back