Neptune Aquatics

Cheap Black Box LED

A Kessil is not in my budget so does anyone have a link to one of those cheap black box LEDs that will work for a mixed reef. I tried looking on Ebay but I am just not sure which one to get.
Thanks!

Sorry, meant to take pictures for you but the 190 has been taking up all my free time.

It is 36" long and was used over a 40b for about a year then a BAR member used it for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks All! I just pulled the trigger and bought 2 of the Mars Aqua 300 fixtures. One for each tank.
led.jpg

ok, since you said there's steam coming out of your tank top in the morning, there are water still going into the venting screen on those lights, only solution is to hang them high enough so the steam wont get into your lights?

ok, since you said there's steam coming out of your tank top in the morning, there are water still going into the venting screen on those lights, only solution is to hang them high enough so the steam wont get into your lights?
Currently my lights are 6"& 9" off the water and Mars recommends 12"- 16" off the water for their lights, so I should be a lot better off.

and also I went in and took my blackbox apart and put some extra silicone glue along the glass edge so no water/steam would gets in ( god knows how QA is done in the chinese factory ) not saying that you should, but extra protection pays off long way.

Back