Cali Kid Corals

Hello!

Hi all! I'm excited to have found this group here in The Bay Area. I've only recently started a Red Sea Reefer Nano tank which I bought all for a total steal in San Francisco. Here's what I've got so far.

DISPLAY: 21G - 18"x18"x18" (Total System: 28G)

SUMP: 7G

ATO RES: 1.2G

LIGHTING: AI PRIME HD//90 Degree Adapter.

SKIMMER: Simplicity 120DC

REACTOR: BRS 5" Media Reactor (Running Carbon/GFO). (Working on a Skimz Macro Algae reactor for chaeto!)

MEDIA: BRS ROX 0.8 Carbon and GFO//14 MarinePure Spheres//2 MarinePure Plates.

HEATER: NeoTherm 100W.

FLOW: EcoTech Vortech MP10wQD (x2).

RETURN: Sicce Syncra Silent Pump 2.0.

SUBSTRATE: Carib Sea Arag-Alive Reef Sand (20Lbs.)

CONTROLLER: Neptune Apex

LIVESTOCK: Dwarf Zebra Lionfish

OTHERS: Various Snails//Various Hermit Crabs(Halloween, Blue Leg, Lend Hand)//Orange Lip Conch//Cleaner Shrimp.

Here's some pictures..

1.jpg
2.jpg
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Excited to join you all! Currently looking for a place that sells chaeto, any thoughts? :) I'm based out of Concord area.

Last edited:
welcome to the club! if you are willing to wait (and will be at) the members only swap I can bring a gallon ziploc bag of chaeto free for you (might have some aptasias though) let me know if your interested

Hi and welcome! Your tank is looking great.

I’m in the Northgate area of Walnut Creek, great to have another reefing neighbor.

You can have some chaeto for free from me if you want, I’m always pruning it out anyway. Just PM me if you want to swing by and get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi and welcome! Your tank is looking great.

I’m in the Northgate area of Walnut Creek, great to have another reefing neighbor.

You can have some chaeto for free from me if you want, I’m always pruning it out anyway. Just PM me if you want to swing by and get it.

Thanks to the both of you, I really appreciate the offers! I unfortunately won't be in the area this weekend for the swap, I'm out on business. I'd greatly appreciate the trimmings you have! I'll drop you a PM and coordinate with whatever time is convenient for you!

Thanks again!

Thanks to the both of you, I really appreciate the offers! I unfortunately won't be in the area this weekend for the swap, I'm out on business. I'd greatly appreciate the trimmings you have! I'll drop you a PM and coordinate with whatever time is convenient for you!

Thanks again!
no problem. happy reefing!

Welcome to the club! Cool to see another person in the area.

Where’s the pictures of the lion fish? I was so excited to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Some nice colors in your tank already! What camera/filter do you use to capture the colors so well?

Welcome! Some nice colors in your tank already! What camera/filter do you use to capture the colors so well?

Hi and thanks! I actually just set feed mode on the apex and set the AI Prime to All On, no filters. I thought of messing with a few but the colors looked way too warped.

Good to meet you today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks again for the chaeto! I really appreciate it. It’s in the reactor now and looking great!

Welcome to the club! Cool to see another person in the area.

Where’s the pictures of the lion fish? I was so excited to see it.

I just snuck up on him while the lights were out, here’s one I managed to get of him.

https://ibb.co/dwTRcn (Couldn’t upload from my phone for some reason.)

Back