got ethical husbandry?

Build a Tank Screen Workshop

Well damn.. after preparing and looking forward to this one I have to bow out at the last minute. A friend is having surgery on Friday and I'll be staying there and helping her out all weekend till she's able to get around. Damn.

I accidentally bought 15mm screen clips when I needed 19mm. I will bring them tomorrow if anyone needs them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well damn.. after preparing and looking forward to this one I have to bow out at the last minute. A friend is having surgery on Friday and I'll be staying there and helping her out all weekend till she's able to get around. Damn.
Let me know your tank dimensions and if I don’t have time to make the screen, I’ll put the materials aside that were ordered for your RSVP.

Thanks Liz for hosting this event at your home. Great meeting you and the other members.

Screen fits perfect.

Liem
bd16f3c79e3e86be332f9265b087af4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for hosting Liz!! Nice to see other peoples red seas and gain some insight on setups. A big thanks to everyone bringing tools to share as well! Hope to see you all again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the screen top now but its such a pain to feed the fish. does anyone know of an acrylic one or how to add a feed door?
Also I did the larger mesh from BRS and a small fish made it through. I went with the smaller mesh and that seems to work the best. At least for me.

Also if you don't like the clip look you can get come acrylic and cut it into squares and epoxy them to the corners of the screen. they will sit on the tank and i think it looks better IMO

Thanks everyone who attended the screen workshop for making this a fun event! Special thanks to @daddio for bringing extra tools, @ddrueckh and @Yippee for providing drinks, and I know I missed a couple folks that I didn’t see come in with food and snacks. I think @peter_b wins most expert screen award, did anyone get pictures? Thanks all!

Thank you for hosting. Not only was it great to make a screen top, I really enjoyed hanging out and talking to other members.

Last edited:
Thanks for Hosting Liz, Nice to meet some new faces. I did take some pics - enjoy

Attachments

• 20180512_113850_resized.jpg
    20180512_113850_resized.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 20180512_113834_resized.jpg
    20180512_113834_resized.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 296
  • 20180512_113824_resized.jpg
    20180512_113824_resized.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 274
@Ashalye and @coral4me, and @Deereef, I am holding your screen materials, PM me for pick-up.

If there are any leftover parts after that I’ll return what I can to Home Depot and return the $ to the club, so let me know if anyone needs a new screen part (like you found out your screen was too small).

QQ -- anyone know if they make corner inserts with routed groove on the outside corner? literally the missing last piece to me finishing this screen.

Thought I would ask before recutting this with a 45-degree miter and cold welding... hate to waste material if I don't have to.

38831581_10156585152194621_262115080911454208_n.jpg

Heading out to pick up a 3d printer for thing in the morning! :)

I actually just decided to hack a standard corner by clipping the wings flush so that it can be inserted upside down. Will probably just glue the bit of spline to it and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back