Neptune Aquatics

PSA - Huge Sale on Dr Foster & Smith!

What is that about not honoring deals???
When I checked after the first posting on Wed, the Tunze osmolator was listed as out of stock until 7/20, but I just put one in my cart now. If anybody wanted something that was out of stock, maybe you should check again now!

OK, just read some info about people's orders being cancelled. Was wondering how they could deeply discount with MAP pricing. My Tunze, MagFloat, and hedgehog bedding all say in my emailed order confirmations that price is subject to manufacturer, but I have a screen shot of my paid order on their site that says nothing about that. Will see what happens.

Well if the Neptune Apex Gold was being advertised at $275 I would think it was more of a matter of "mistake in pricing" then MAP being the reason for canceling.

Also IIRC, Dr. F&S is really no more, it was bought by PetCo some time back, and they may simply keep the name as a "premium" outlet. Just like how at the heart of things Lexus cars are made by Toyota :D

Well if the Neptune Apex Gold was being advertised at $275 I would think it was more of a matter of "mistake in pricing" then MAP being the reason for canceling.

Also IIRC, Dr. F&S is really no more, it was bought by PetCo some time back, and they may simply keep the name as a "premium" outlet. Just like how at the heart of things Lexus cars are made by Toyota :D

Live aquaria is a division of dr. F&s, so does that mean when I get something from there I’m actually buying it from Petco?

Just like all the other huge umbrella corporations, I guess.
FYI - if you need something from a Petco retail store, check online. It is often quite a bit cheaper and if you show them it at the cashier they will match their own online price.

Diver’s Den has almost the same prices as Live Aquaria main site, some items are the same, some slightly more. The real differences are much better quality from DD vs much better selection from LA.

The fact that both are PetCo kinda bums me out though. No wonder they don’t advertise that.

Nope. They cancelled my Tunze osmolator order saying the product is discontinued and then I got a strange message saying they will contact me about an issue for cage bedding for my hedgie, which is not an expensive item. Weird.

Yeah it’s strange, like it was someone else running the sale, who doesn’t know anything about MAP, pricing, web inventory, etc. Lots of items were showing on the listing of items but page not found when you would click through.

Sounds almost hacked or maybe a disgruntled employee on their way out.
I assume it was a management change is sales or direction from above who doesn't the limitations of such a sale and malicious compliance from the subordinates.

I didn't order anything huge. just some new pellets, magnesium and two buckets of red sea salt for $36 total.

Back