Kessil

Pics from MACNA 2018

Ibn

Didn't snap too many, but took these.

Biota booth had a tank with some baby fish in them and these caught my eye. Baby yellow tang. They were so freaking cute!
2018_09_09_macna_microyellowtang.jpg

Poma Labs also had a tank full of some of the angels that they bred.

Conspiculatus baby. One was placed in the raffle and went to a lucky winner.
2018_09_09_macna_personifer.jpg

One of the larger, approx. 1" cream angels also bred by them.
2018_09_09_macna_creamangelfish.jpg

They also had various sized smaller ones mixed in. These tiny ones are ~1/4"!
2018_09_09_macna_babyangelfish.jpg

Neptune Systems had the best tank there by far IMO. It was a center overflow tank stuffed with beautiful corals and fish. Very well lighted. Here are the four sides of it.
2018_09_09_macna_neptunetank1.jpg

2018_09_09_macna_neptunetank2.jpg

2018_09_09_macna_neptunetank3.jpg

2018_09_09_macna_neptunetank4.jpg

There were only 2 Aussie sps in the tank, which Vincent took home with him (along w/the pair of flame wrasses), with the LPS that he posted in another thread.
2018_09_09_macna_vincentsps1.jpg

2018_09_09_macna_vincentsps2.jpg

2018_09_09_macna_vincentlps.jpg

For those that attended, feel free to post pics to add to the thread.

Last edited:
Eric great job with the photos!
It was cool hanging out with you and the crew, hope to do it again next year at MACNA 2019 Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neptune was also my favorite tank. Some great LPS in there, which I love.
I also loved ORA's two tanks which were totally different from Neptune's. ORA's were fish, clams, and frags/small colonies they bred. Super colorful with very white light, which I found refreshing because I'm used to seeing so much blue in show tanks. Their circular overflow tank really stood out, too. Will look at my photos tomorrow, but I do not think they were great.

Yup, liked the Neptune tank too, also liked the ORA tank as well, it seemed like a lot of the vendors couldn't get the cloudiness of their tanks to go away at all. Which was a bit unfortunate for the Kessil tank since it has more of a "Windex blue" look to the whole tank, and man the GHL/Royal Exclusive tank looked HORRIBLE, super high end skimmer on the market... and tank was cloudy as crap. Scott told me one of the anemones got partially eaten by a powerhead in the tank, not sure how true it was or if it was just a story so they don't have too much egg on their face.

As for pictures, I didn't really take any either, I got a picture of me with Elvis :D Took a picture a couple of the stand manufactures out there, Drift Wood(??) stands (not made from drift wood) just because I liked the large shelf in front of the tank similar to what the Neptune tank had around the bottom although a bit more "effort" put into it (giving me ideas) and I just took a picture of the shelf not the whole stand :D And a picture of a Mindstream that was on a tank "In action!" supposedly the data was being sent to the Mindstream booth's computer.

Eric great job with the photos!
It was cool hanging out with you and the crew, hope to do it again next year at MACNA 2019 Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Was fun meeting and hanging out with you as well. We'll have to do it again.

Looks like a Conspics than a Personifer.
Were they selling them?
Price?

Whoops, yup, you're correct, that's a conspic. Corrected it. They weren't selling them since they didn't sell direct to hobbyist. They raffled one of the babies off and if you want any of the others, you'd have to go through LiveAquaria or a LFS that buys from Poma Labs. They sell them when they're larger as well, which is too bad since I think those 1" babies were absolutely the right size to start out with.

And the best empty tank was also by Crystal Dynamics. The eight footer.
Trent said it was 7 feet, other than that you are right. That was a super nice tank! Really makes me consider trying to get a different slightly taller tank with the EXTERNAL overflow. Also makes me want to drain my tank, rip the overflows out, turn those holes into a closed loop, and drill new holes in the top back for an external box... not practical, but I do want to do it. Would probly only take " a few hours", right?

Trent said it was 7 feet, other than that you are right. That was a super nice tank! Really makes me consider trying to get a different slightly taller tank with the EXTERNAL overflow. Also makes me want to drain my tank, rip the overflows out, turn those holes into a closed loop, and drill new holes in the top back for an external box... not practical, but I do want to do it. Would probly only take " a few hours", right?
Don't you give me more ideas Mr Brown! I'll have 4 - 1 inch (bulkhead size) holes in the corners of my tank when all is said and done.

Back