Neptune Aquatics

BAR 2018 Annual Regional Frag Swap

Yep, I usually keep the containers for a fair while to verify. Here's the container that they were in.

The frags weren't mixed up. The cluster was all stuck together. The reason why frag plug looks strange is because it's not the original plug that the frag came on. Part of the routine that I use for frags is as follows: Bayer dip, removal of frag from source disk/plug, remount on new plug/disk. Individual beakers are also used for each frag so that there's no mix up or cross contamination.

Odd that the pic didn't show up...time out error.

Here's the pic that should have accompanied the previous reply.
20181115_black_hornets_cover.jpg

Odd that the pic didn't show up...time out error.

Here's the pic that should have accompanied the previous reply.
20181115_black_hornets_cover.jpg
Yeah.. as I told you, it's a black people eater.. never said black Hornets [emoji39][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes, my apologies for stating that they were black hornets, when they should have been black people eater. Mistyped in my original post.

The point is still there. People eaters are very easy to ID, they have the fluorescent green mouth set against whatever background they are on. Take for instance, RPE and PPEs.

RPE2.jpg

ppe_rastas_031417.jpg

I'm not sure if the callout is necessary since many people mislabel their coral and its most likely unintentional. I've only been to the coral swaps twice and both times received mislabeled frags. Perhaps a pm or a friendlier tone would've been better. That being said... I can see that its likely not a black PE based on the mouth.

And FYI, @ashburn2k THIS is what a Purple PE looks like. LOL

upload_2018-11-15_12-19-0.jpeg

I'm not sure if the callout is necessary since many people mislabel their coral and its most likely unintentional. I've only been to the coral swaps twice and both times received mislabeled frags. Perhaps a pm or a friendlier tone would've been better. That being said... I can see that its likely not a black PE based on the mouth.

And FYI, @ashburn2k THIS is what a Purple PE looks like. LOL

View attachment 10744
Lol
It's ok thou.. I dont mind, I know its frustrating to get the wrong coral.

But I am beginner on "coral taxonomy " lol... I got the name from the forum.

Sorry again [emoji17]

Nope, this wasn't exactly a call out. You'll be surprised if you go back in time and see some of the call outs from some of the old school members.

This was more along the lines of heads up.
Lol... true thou [emoji17]

I remember Eric picking that coral, we were both like "I've never heard of a black people eater" but I wasn't as tempted as him to pick it up :D

The bigger concern for me are the two aiptasia I see nestled inside the colony (and no this isn't a call out either, just an observation since I don't know if they came from the giver or the tank the coral was in).

Back