got ethical husbandry?

I NEED AN INTERVENTION!

Ahh... you are worried you will do something silly like put the money in savings.
Don't worry, we are here to support you!

Money is the root of all evil - Corals are not.
You get money ... you then get rid of it as fast as possible by spending it on this hobby.
It is the righteous thing to do.

Just collect all the credit card statements you had in the last year or so, get a highlighter and mark all the reef/tank related purchases you made, and if it helps put those numbers into Excel, then SUM the column, stare at that number might be intervention enough.

Or it might have you say "what's a little more"

Just collect all the credit card statements you had in the last year or so, get a highlighter and mark all the reef/tank related purchases you made, and if it helps put those numbers into Excel, then SUM the column, stare at that number might be intervention enough.

Or it might have you say "what's a little more"
That sounds like a horrible idea. I’m actually terrified of what that number would be.

That sounds like a horrible idea. I’m actually terrified of what that number would be.
Sounds like a perfect intervention for you then. How many kids gave up drugs when they saw an egg cracked in a frying pan? versus those who saw some meth head with his teeth falling out and those with necrosis of their skin around injection marks? :D Scared straight sometimes works :D

Don't forget electricity bill!
Before I went solar, that was the largest expense by far for my tank.

But honestly : Unless you REALLY want a large tank, don't do it.

Sure there is the cost of a larger tank and bigger lights, pumps, electricity, etc.

But you also tend to need MORE equipment, because little things that you used
to ignore or fix with manual water changes now have to de dealt with for real.

And the maintenance that used to be a bit annoying now becomes a major chore,
which if you are not careful can ruin the fun.

And when something goes wrong, which it will, it is now a huge deal to fix.

The good thing is your entire family dived into the hobby; not one singled out soul to blame the numbers (if you add them up)
Lol. Yep. We paid the first round of aquarium bills the other day and it was not fun. But, since we're both doing it no one got the blame. I feel like we picked one of the most expensive ways to get into this hobby .

But on topic, seems like you're ready for a tank addition. o_O

Back