Kessil

AP700 Wireless Configuration

So I finally sprung for a high quality light. Curious if other folks are connecting to the AP700 directly, which means you have to switch WiFi connections when using the app or if you've managed to connect the units through a wireless router? So far, I can't get my router to show up in the very short list in the app? iOS detects about 20 WiFi networks in range. :(

It is already much improved. I beta tested the app for them during initial launch. But honestly, once you set light up, you almost never touch the app again.

For me, that will eventually be the case. However, I am switching away from another light and am cautiously ramping up the AP700. I know it's capable of being a death ray, so I am nudging up by a percent every few days. Once I get the hybrid T5 fixture, I'll be doing this again.

You are going to run T5s with the AP700s?

There is a looooong thread on RC about the AP700s. I have not checked it in a while but the people who ran the T5s with the AP700s eventually took them off.

You are going to run T5s with the AP700s?

There is a looooong thread on RC about the AP700s. I have not checked it in a while but the people who ran the T5s with the AP700s eventually took them off.

Did they take the T5 or AP700 off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it out. You just keep hitting the refresh button in the Kessil app until you see the WiFi access point that you want.

I tried and tried and tried again... couldn’t get it to work. I gave up and now I’m connected directly.

I don’t have any T5’s on my set up. The AP700 are great. Though I agree with @scuzy... it’s really shitty app. If Kessil can spend a little more time on the app they would be the go to lights.

I can’t even connect directly to my AP700. I’ve given up for a while since my tank is cycling, but I’ll need to try again soon. I can get through the steps but then the light never shows up.

I can’t even connect directly to my AP700. I’ve given up for a while since my tank is cycling, but I’ll need to try again soon. I can get through the steps but then the light never shows up.

You could be having other elements that are causing the interference. Connecting directly to the AP700 should be a breeze. If you’re still unable to, it could be an issue with the unit.

Try the following reset procedure... I receive this from Kessil when I was having my connection issues:

Reset Instructions:
1) Open the phone app. Go the Main Page --> "Menu" --> "Reset App Data"

2) Reset WiFi on AP700 fixture (Press color "down" and intensity"+" buttons simultaneously). Make sure WiFi indicator is flashing.

3) Unplug AP700 from the wall outlet for 5 minutes

4) Plug them back to wall outlet and turn on WiFi on AP700 (Press "down" and "+" buttons simultaneously)

5) Go to phone Settings - WiFi , look for the Kessil SSID. For iPhone, press "information" and "Forget this network". For Android phone, press the network for 2 seconds and click "Forget Network".

6) Open the app to start the connection process.

* When connecting every SSID network, make sure there is a check sign and a WiFi fan signal at the top corner ( This is very important as users will experience dropping of lights because network is not completely connected during the process.)
** Please only use one app to control and program the light.

Thanks for the info on the reset. I was finally able to get my iPad to connect directly to the light yesterday, but it required turning off my home WiFi. Not sure why that was causing the issue, but at least now I can use the light.

By the way, I was told the AP700 don’t play/work well with dual network routers.

My 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks use different ssid

Had a phone support session with the engineer and we couldn’t get the lights on my network. So I’m on a direct connection setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks use different ssid

Had a phone support session with the engineer and we couldn’t get the lights on my network. So I’m on a direct connection setup.

Same here. Though it’s disappointing that i cannot connect the AP700 to my network, I still love them.

I have google WiFi and the AP700 was able to see all 3 access points, but I still couldn’t get it to connect. Even tried unplugging 2 of the access points but still no luck.

I’m adding an access point in my garage. I’ll see if I can get them on that.

Let me know if that works for you.

I bought the Orbi AC3000... the AP700 see’s it... but just does not connect. I read a while back a person refreshed in the app for 30 minutes and finally was able to get the AP700 to connect. Too much patience for me to keep on refreshing.

Back