Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Wlachnit

Past President
Hey it's time to frag some corals for our first event of the year! We'll be having a lil informal class on fragging corals. This timing should work well for our Member Frag Swap in March.

Information
  • Date:Saturday January 19, 2019
  • Start Time:12:30PM
  • 1486 Via di Salerno, Pleasanton
We'll cover different techniques for fragging different corals.
  • Which tools work best for which corals under certain circumstances.
  • Which corals should be fragged and which ones cannot be fragged.
  • What to do after you frag a coral? (e.g., don't put fresh cut fleshy corals in high flow or the skin will rip off
Please reply to the thread if you will be coming...and if you have any corals to bring that you want fragged.

Also, who has the Bandsaw? We will need this for the event.

Last edited:
Would love to come as well. I should be bringing a Miami hurricane chalice, a pocillopora and some zoas. Maybe an acan and a blasto if it’s fraggable by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be there!

I’m getting band-saw envy, I didn’t realize all the cool kids have one.

I can bring other stuff though, like my fragging tools, eyewear, CA glue, extra frag plugs, extra deli containers, etc.

Do you guys think it is worth have a frag dipping workshop at the same time? It’s pretty critical especially after our frag swaps, and it would be good to show newer Reefers the basicas as well as share Pro-tips. I can bring some dip (I have Bayer and CoralRx), dipping equipment, and extra Reef Crystals saltwater.

Will, let me know what you think and how else I can help.

I’ll be there!

I’m getting band-saw envy, I didn’t realize all the cool kids have one.

I can bring other stuff though, like my fragging tools, eyewear, CA glue, extra frag plugs, extra deli containers, etc.

Do you guys think it is worth have a frag dipping workshop at the same time? It’s pretty critical especially after our frag swaps, and it would be good to show newer Reefers the basicas as well as share Pro-tips. I can bring some dip (I have Bayer and CoralRx), dipping equipment, and extra Reef Crystals saltwater.

Will, let me know what you think and how else I can help.
Yes, great idea. It would be great if you bring the above.

I think this is one of those events people kind of put off making a decision about. For something like a frag swap people will try to leave their schedule open much earlier. It's easier to tell a spouse, "I have to go -- we only have two a year." Workshops are a little harder to convince everyone at home that they are a must attend.

Back