Kessil

Moving in from Texas

Continued updates:
1) 40 frags in Asburn2k's tank. Thank you!
2) I now have tracking information on the crate and the facilities folks have said it's OK if it sits here for a day. It is set to arrive Monday, so either Monday or Tuesday is probably good for getting it out. What day is better for you guys?
3) Apparently the facilities folks where I work like to leave by 4:30 or 5 most days. I'm assuming this is a bit too early for you to be here with a van on a weekday. What about stripping down the crate and making one run with the tank and another with the contents? As stated it's only 1 mile and this way we don't need a fork truck.

Note, no real TSA trouble with coral other than the usual safety checks at screening, but the lights, return pump, ATO, etc were ALL flagged and individually checked.

I have drills, cordless and corded, regular and impact driver, whatever if you need as long as I get my tools back

My back is currently not in a jacked up state so I should be able to help

I should have updated, I ended up ordering a cordless drill that arrived tonight.
A tape measure and miter or even circ. saw would be really helpful. I'll get a cheap hand miter saw if not.
I've only broken one borrowed tool, and I replaced it with a new one of the same make, all tools will be cared for and returned.
A hand dolly and furniture dolly or pvc pipe to use as rollers would be helpful but I may be able to borrow the dollies from work, I just haven't found the right person to ask.

What do you need the saw for? Going to build a stand? I got an old circular saw you can borrow if you need it for "long term" (i.e. more than the day). Miter saw I got too but that's not going anywhere since it's used more often than most of my electrical tools.

I should have updated, I ended up ordering a cordless drill that arrived tonight.
A tape measure and miter or even circ. saw would be really helpful. I'll get a cheap hand miter saw if not.
I've only broken one borrowed tool, and I replaced it with a new one of the same make, all tools will be cared for and returned.
A hand dolly and furniture dolly or pvc pipe to use as rollers would be helpful but I may be able to borrow the dollies from work, I just haven't found the right person to ask.

Check this, no need for a saw !

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/got-wood-free-new-wood-stand-60l-24d-36-5h.23218/

Yes
What do you need the saw for? Going to build a stand? I got an old circular saw you can borrow if you need it for "long term" (i.e. more than the day). Miter saw I got too but that's not going anywhere since it's used more often than most of my electrical tools.

Yes, planning to turn the wood from the shipping crate in to a Rocket Engineer design stand. I need to lug a pair of 2x6s home, but the crate has the rest. Unfortunately I ran out of time to incorporate the old stand in to the crate.

Are you planning to bring live rock out here later? Need any large, super heavy duty plastic bags? My LR came bagged in water and I think I still have some.

Not at this time, but thank you. I brought 95 or so pounds dry and figure I'll get some life in with the frags. Whenever I eventually bring the fish out I'll need bags, but I think I'd rather use brand new ones to ensure there are no pinholes, and I have a good relationship with a LFS I can get those from in Dallas. I do have a foam fish transport box for that as well.

week nights are hard for me to help as Mike knows me, I work in Santa Clara and don't get back to SF till late. LMK if case i am free.

I need to drill a couple holes through the middle of the stand, but the tank is now on the stand. Huge thank you to Coral reefer and xcaret. It looks like my weekend may be busy plumbing and possibly tracking down a couple 1" bulkheads. I'm considering getting a couple bulkheads vs. simply bonding in a PVC compression union since I have it on hand.

In the mean time, tonight was amateur hour in acrylic fab land. Sort of hard to see with all the glare, but here is an overflow box I made. Front edge black because it will look nicer, and the rest of it clear because it's cheaper and will ultimately not be a long term system. Genius that I am two of the pieces are 1/4" tall. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave them as is (once more, not long term) or get frustrated and cut them down. Currently leaning towards leaving them.

IMG_3776.JPG

Back