Kessil

IO salt on sale via liveaquaria

What do you mean? Is this a yearly thing, and what should we expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Fosters was bought out by Petco last year and they are now shutting it down. So this sale is at an unusual time, but the good news is Petco does unusually put the same product on sale twice a year (I think) at around this price anyway. In that case though you have to go grab it at a store before it sells out. So this is just convenient right now.

Sad thing about it is they had a 15% off coupon for pet RX stuff last week. It was working for all products, including this one and MAP items a few days ago, but no longer.

Dr. Fosters was bought out by Petco last year and they are now shutting it down. So this sale is at an unusual time, but the good news is Petco does unusually put the same product on sale twice a year (I think) at around this price anyway. In that case though you have to go grab it at a store before it sells out. So this is just convenient right now.
I am not convinced it will be on sale at this price, this is really pushing more a GOOB price than a "this is a sale" price

I am not convinced it will be on sale at this price, this is really pushing more a GOOB price than a "this is a sale" price

I've seen it at Petco priced as low as $27.99 a box every once in a while. My recollection is they usually do it before X-mas and then in the spring at that price. I could be wrong on timing though and if it's even a regular thing or just happens at times.

Of course, the problems with internet salt purchases:
IMG_4971.jpg

Well this is the "slickdeals" type of effect, they want to get rid of their old stock, so throw things up for sale at a really low price... they get flooded with orders, and somewhere some bean counter says "oh shoot we totally don't have to put it this low"

Email them and they will refund you the money. That happened to me and I got all my money back
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bucket cracked, but salt did actually not spill out. Tough bag!
(Note: It was BRS, not DFS)
But I will probably go back to IO due to the nice box with 50G bags inside. So convenient.

Back