Our mission

Support the club! Save the world!

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
So we had a great CFM and raised a good amount of money for the club which all of you will see the benefit of this year with many new events, new club equipment and some new programs to get more corals into more club members hands.

This club is what we make of it and if we want more club "stuff" we need to set up and support it. We already have plans for a new PAR meter, bringing in speakers, new venues and new events. This came from money from the CFM and we did it without having a raffle of corals. That happened because we didn't get enough member support and donations. I'd like to change this for our MEMBERS ONLY auction at the upcoming swap.

So I'm once again asking for coral donations for raffle frag packs and a few really nice items for an auction. Let me know if you can help.

I can donate CB’s Purple Fusion Acro which so far looks to be bullet proof. Earlier tank issue with big losses so not a ton to pick from

I can't make the frag swap so would like to donate this space invader pectinia frag. Just need to give it to someone who is going.
95b6dd0cea072d738df160786eb279f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There was an entire thread on this I posted so everyone would know. Also one that canceled the few coral donation offers we had received.

Here's the list again:
1) Steinhart Aquarium tour - Back of the house Tour of Steinhart Aquarium for up to four people conducted by famed Marine biologist (and founding member of BAR) Richard Ross.

2) Neptune Apex EL Full Controller System (Thanks to Neptune Aquatics for their support)

3) Kessil A160 LED light (Thanks to Kessil for their support)

4) Reef Nutrition – Full set-ups of all their foods will be raffled! (Thanks to Reef Nutrition for their support)

5) World Wide Corals – A number of gift certificates and swag! (Thanks to WWC for their support)

6) Building an Obsession Frag Racks (Thanks to Building an Obsession for their support)

7) Fritz Salt ((Thanks to Fritz for their support)

8) Designer Clownfish (an unbelievable pair) from Kimmie’s Clowns. (Thanks to Kim and Jerry for their support)

8) Instant Ocean Salt

9_ Gift Certificates for Bay Area Reef Stores

out of curiosity did we bring in more money than the value of these things? Only reason I ask is because MARS at one of the early CFM I went to bought an LED light to raffle and didn't get as much as they paid.

We're not getting much support from established club members here. How come?
Can't speak for others, or hell even me, but if I had to guess the members swap is just around the corner? So it becomes a matter of give the club corals to make money, or put corals into the swap which may get bonus tickets.

Also at the end of the day, since this is a members swap and not one open to other clubs it really is a matter of club members giving corals to the club, and then club members being the ones to raffle them, all for club member stuff. Where as at least with a regional swap or the CFM it's a way to get some outside money to fund our club... at least from a business perspective that's the way I see it.

That said, I have RBTAs, nothing fancy, and rhodactis that are ultra... but Jason Fox doesn't put his name on them, so no one cares about them :D But I'm more than happy to donate, but I know people are not really big into rhodactis unless they get stressed to "bounce out"

Back