Kessil

Dan's 70 Gal setup

musclebenz

Supporting Member
I am setting up a new 70 Artisan II Professional Reef Tank. I just finished the reef scaping, and added live sand. I am trying to fast cycle it by using some existing live rock, and some salt water from my existing tank.

• Vertex Omega 130 Skimmer
  • Kessil AP700 Light
  • Apex "Wifi" controller system
  • Haven't decided on which ATO to use

Attachments

• fish tank 20.jpg
    fish tank 20.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 530
I like your rock work. Why is there a huge power head on the front right bottom of your tank?
Thanks Gavin! It's only there temporarily until I move some my Neptune Apex and power heads over from another tank. That should be done this weekend including getting the sump plumbed and working.

Looks like a great start...This an upgrade or in addition to the tank you have/had?
Once I get this stabilized in a few months, I plan on taking all my frag from my 120 gal and put it into this one. So I guess it's a downgrade, but a nicer tank... but who knows I may keep both.

Latest update. The tank is finished cycling and the
4f8c8928b782996df6c94f1748806d3c.jpg
8207d9518a274229952051a4aa0daf9c.jpg
Apex is up and running. The tank now has a diamond goby, yellow eye tang, fire shrimp sea urchin and a few frags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, your sump is going to get GHA everywhere with that light setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am trying to grow Chaeto in my sump and bought these plant Led strips. What's your recommendation, use only 1 strip and how long do you let the lights run for in after hours?

I would use a spot light form factor over just the refugium section rather than strips. If you light the whole sump like that algae is gonna grow EVERYWHERE down there.

Just picked up a few frags from Enaldy and Coral Reefer and now I think my new tank looks complete. I just got the Neptune water leak detection controller and dosing pumps and that will be this weekend project.

Big Thanks to Enaldy and Coral Reefer for some great frags
d62232c7de584b17664d216fae59fc8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back