Our mission

Ashburn's 187g endgame tank

Got the ro connectors for the tube, it’s a 1/4” Tube Stem and Barb Connector
ac5ebb13358e5ff4170e80dc7d53f1d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just when I thought I’m done with fine tuning carx and the co2, then reactor is leaking, ok fixed that. And just when i thought I’m done with it. the pump failed, now I have to find a way to unglue the fittings and use another external pump. And I’m about to be out of town for a week... maybe I should fix it when I come back.

it's been a while since my last update, CarX has been stabilized and dosing. but the hack job on the pump replacement isn't pretty, it's what it is.

Replaced apex jr with apex classic

removed 90% of the nems from DT and jailed them in the nem box.
moved frag egg crate back to the frag tanks, hopefully this time GHA would be under control.

here are some tank shots.

FTS
db867138b2cd4d100834d2130651b084.jpg

Frag tank stuffs...

7dc208b73e49e69889bc9b623772df8b.jpg
e9cfbf5f982aada05f7f36aa0ac01f06.jpg
822e2e9755385e533d80dd4cebdd6bad.jpg
01f922023f532df8e3b31eebaaf919a3.jpg

it's been a while since my last update, CarX has been stabilized and dosing. but the hack job on the pump replacement isn't pretty, it's what it is.

Replaced apex jr with apex classic

removed 90% of the nems from DT and jailed them in the nem box.
moved frag egg crate back to the frag tanks, hopefully this time GHA would be under control.

here are some tank shots.

FTS
db867138b2cd4d100834d2130651b084.jpg

Frag tank stuffs...

7dc208b73e49e69889bc9b623772df8b.jpg
e9cfbf5f982aada05f7f36aa0ac01f06.jpg
822e2e9755385e533d80dd4cebdd6bad.jpg
01f922023f532df8e3b31eebaaf919a3.jpg
Wow how did you manage to remove your nems? That's awesome..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Learn the art of white balance (or photoshop), you can get rid of most of the overall blue in the photo leaving the fluorescence of the corals, just like all the online stores do and then sell everything for inflated rates

Learn the art of white balance (or photoshop), you can get rid of most of the overall blue in the photo leaving the fluorescence of the corals, just like all the online stores do and then sell everything for inflated rates
Too much work. Not worth it. I’d rather spending my valuable time on the tank

Ps. I used to do photo manipulation for a living.

Gotta get paid for that photo editing labor time.

Or don't bother and still try to charge $500 for a rainbow anemone.

Too much work. Not worth it. I’d rather spending my valuable time on the tank

Ps. I used to do photo manipulation for a living.

Literally takes less than a minute to do if you are using the phone to take the picture. If you are using a DSLR, a simple custom wb shot will do the job for casual online pictures. Or, turn the lights to as white as you can before taking the pictures.

Just saying.

Literally takes less than a minute to do if you are using the phone to take the picture. If you are using a DSLR, a simple custom wb shot will do the job for casual online pictures. Or, turn the lights to as white as you can before taking the pictures.

Just saying.

I agree, but my work process would mean taking out my DSLR, finding the marco lens, uncap everything, setting up tripod, setup wb, making sure my hands are clean to touch the camera... etc etc.. and i'm a trigger happy kind guy, i usually ended up 20+ additonal photos for 1 shot, so you can imagine the post edit would be nightmare to pick out the one that I really liked. at the end, entire process can take more than 2hrs. ( oh yeah and put all the gear back in the case and not to get any salt water on them is another challenge for me )

then again it's just me. I'm sure @RandyC, @Ibn and @kinetic does this better than me with their DSLR.

I agree, but my work process would mean taking out my DSLR, finding the marco lens, uncap everything, setting up tripod, setup wb, making sure my hands are clean to touch the camera... etc etc.. and i'm a trigger happy kind guy, i usually ended up 20+ additonal photos for 1 shot, so you can imagine the post edit would be nightmare to pick out the one that I really liked. at the end, entire process can take more than 2hrs. ( oh yeah and put all the gear back in the case and not to get any salt water on them is another challenge for me )

then again it's just me. I'm sure @RandyC, @Ibn and @kinetic does this better than me with their DSLR.

If this is for work, then yes.

For a few pictures to post on here, there is no need for all that. My DSLR is always on hand. Snap on an Expodisc, take a pic, select that as custom WB and shoot away. Very little post needed unless the tank is in super blue, about to turn off mode. Then I just turn the lights to photo mode.

Back