Will you attend

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Yours looks pretty similar - same source...?
I got mine from Tim also. It's not nearly as happy in my tank. Getting more poly extention since I changed my lighting schedule (after this picture) but not furry yet lol.
9f0bb0f9b679d60e4b778815db039459.jpg

screw the dolphin browser I hacked the Fire to put the Google Play store on it and then downloaded a real browser Google Chrome and Fire Fox

It may very from which Fire version you have but I have done this to a Fire7 & Fire8 with no issues.
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/2...oogle-play-on-2017-fire-tablets-in-5-minutes/
Forgot what version I have, my wife got one of the older HDX versions for free as a "you can play with this so you don't destroy mommy's nice S2 tablet" for the kiddo, and try as I might couldn't get (or find) a way to get Google Play on it. Besides it has a jacked up USB port that requires you to hold a plug at a particular angle in such a way just to make contact akin to getting a signal on a tv with a pair of rabbit ears wrapped in aluminum foil from the 70s :D

I'll assume you need an Apex system to make this interesting, otherwise you'll end up buying one so I'd best sit it out.

V

I’ll try to bring some extras so people can get some hands on.

But knowing and understanding how to use it is the key. I find that once you understand the capabilities, it practically sells itself.

Even if you don’t control anything, sticking a leak sensor and temp sensor into the system will help prevent a incident from becoming a disaster that will bring on the wrath of our better halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Start posting about what you would like to learn. The Apex systems is pretty broad so I want to make sure to focus on what you guys want. I'll still touch on the basics to start and most things generally then zoom in on specifics.

I’ll be out of town on the 20th after all, not related to Easter but I wonder if others will have difficulty attending the day before Easter. Is there any way to move this event to the 28th?

For starters I’d like to learn proper probe calibration techniques, plus maintenance and troubleshooting when readings are off.(many of you apex users probably already know this, which is why I wasn’t sure if the rookie stuff will be a waste of time for y’all).

Also a run-through of all applications and add-ons.... maybe a ranking of add-ons from must-haves to unnecessary.

General tips and tricks to get the best use out of your apex?

Just spit-balling here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be interested to learn more about ongoing ownership issues since they aren’t necessarily in the manuals, like maintenance and cleaning schedules and techniques, component testing, probe recalibration, etc. The basics of the programming language and how-to’s for common use cases (especially when it isn’t intuitive) would be helpful but may be beyond the scope.

I would like to hear what other users have programmed their APex to do. There are multiple feeding modes you can select but can you program these as well to happen at a given time?

anyone going to this event live near south SJ and willing to transport snails from JVU to me? He will be bringing them to the event.

I can pay or compensate you for your troubles. pm me

anyone going to this event live near south SJ and willing to transport snails from JVU to me? He will be bringing them to the event.

I can pay or compensate you for your troubles. pm me

Is anyone from the San Jose area able to help out with this? I’ll bring them to the event, and Nelson could pick them up from you, so hopefully you won’t be too inconvenienced.

By the way, same offer to anyone else coming to the event, if you’d like some free baby trochus snails or some free mini brittle stars, just let me know. Both are great clean up crew and can reproduce easily in reef tanks, so they go well with our sustainability goals too.

Waiting on greater family to decide if we are having an Easter gathering in South SJ or elsewhere. Saw the first post about it, but family is still getting its act together. Sorry I can't let you know right now.

Back