Neptune Aquatics

Bayer/Bioadvanced Coral Dip Name Change

RandyC

Supporting Member
PSA: Bayer changed its name, so I guess we have to say Bioadvanced Dip now. :p

Label looks similar, just the name change.
EFAE7913-E76E-414D-B8F8-8AFB5B062B39.jpeg

Ingredient list remains the same
43CB134D-63E3-47AF-A56C-F2331A74ADB3.jpeg

Thanks for the update! I’ve heard people worried that it isn’t available anymore, but glad to know it just changed names.

Don’t know why anyone tries to use this on corals. Dangerously toxic and terrible for the environment, not designed for corals so it’s opaque and you can’t see what pests were in your frags. Also I wonder if dips designed for corals are designed to try to avoid pH or alk shock.

I've left SPS in the suspension for hours (forgot about it) and the frags came out with no issues. Safest dip for corals that I've tried. If I want to look to see if anything fell out, I let everything settle, pour most of the liquid out and dilute with tap water until I can see clearer.

Don’t know why anyone tries to use this on corals. Dangerously toxic and terrible for the environment....

I can certainly understand a general concern with any poisons, but is this based on something specific?

I believe it active ingredients are Beta cyfluthrin and Imidacloprid
Primarily toxic to Arthropods. (Which is of course, why we use it)
Toxic to fish! So obviously we have to rinse a lot.
Toxic to bees.
But in general, FOR A POISON, seems actually not so bad.
It is meant to be spread on the ground around your house and even in your garden.

I use it.
I can see it kill pods almost instantly. Coral seems completely happy.

Don’t know why anyone tries to use this on corals. Dangerously toxic and terrible for the environment, not designed for corals so it’s opaque and you can’t see what pests were in your frags. Also I wonder if dips designed for corals are designed to try to avoid pH or alk shock.
I thought the same things the first 20 times I heard respected established reefers say they use it and prefer it.

Back