Reef nutrition

Ashburn's 187g endgame tank

Hmm, nice and bright but seems like the coverage on the ends could be improved.
Add another AP700, and rotate them 90 deg.
:)

Light par update for the DT with dual AP700 7.5 inch above water surface

9ecf8f5216d976120189f158c298d749.jpg

634fa1eda4ef858769a482b4ae53b925.jpg

Light par update for sps frag with 3x a350 10 inch above water ( white = full white / full blue, red = full blue / no white )
6c119ce14cd044df1501a5710e915496.jpg
140a75c139f6c9d47e3ea07afd0dc6c7.jpg

Light par update for zoa frag with 3x a350 8 inch above water ( white = full white / full blue, red = full blue / no white )
b09c011e17d056e642e21f8469815c74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
DId you actually draw a grid on your tank? Ha! That's awesome.

Where in the tank was the reading taken from? dead center? Or as close to the rockwork as possible?
And were those readings based on what you normally run your lights at? Or 100%? I see on your frag tank you have different designations, I'm guessing you don't normally run full white/blue?

Yeah i'm old school, dont have the energy to track it via another ipad and scribble when my hand's wet, and i can clean it easily with the blade afterward.

most readings are dead center at the cross point.
those readings are what I currently run, no changes planed for my light intensity, and i don't ramp up or down, my lights stay at the same intensity for 8hrs daily, and controled by wifi plugs.

as for my frag tank, i run full blue when i'm introducing new fishes ( after qt ) and new corals, especially those high end zoas.

DId you actually draw a grid on your tank? Ha! That's awesome.

Where in the tank was the reading taken from? dead center? Or as close to the rockwork as possible?
And were those readings based on what you normally run your lights at? Or 100%? I see on your frag tank you have different designations, I'm guessing you don't normally run full white/blue?

, no changes planed for my light intensity, and i don't ramp up or down, my lights stay at the same intensity for 8hrs daily, and controled by wifi plugs.

Hang on. You are running AP700s but don’t ramp and turn them on/off with WiFi plug!?!

Dave@Kessil must be having a stroke right about now.

I’ve been running AP700s since they 1st came out. So almost 4 years now. Don’t have any issues with the program since the last update.

Once you program it, there is really no reason to change anything. Plus when you turn it on, you are using the program anyway. Only difference is yours is a straight line and mine varies.

But if you feel running it through 2 on/off cycles everyday works for you /shrug. Your lights.

I don’t trust their buildin software.

I like having the colors and intensities slowly change over the day with my AP700s, for me it adds a lot of value since everything looks and sometimes acts differently with the changing light. Plus having the very low light settings at night is nice since some days that’s the only time I’m home.

The control software is bad but once you get the hang of it I haven’t ever had it do something dangerous like turn off or on randomly. For me it’s "don’t like" rather than "don’t trust".

I like having the colors and intensities slowly change over the day with my AP700s, for me it adds a lot of value since everything looks and sometimes acts differently with the changing light. Plus having the very low light settings at night is nice since some days that’s the only time I’m home.

The control software is bad but once you get the hang of it I haven’t ever had it do something dangerous like turn off or on randomly. For me it’s "don’t like" rather than "don’t trust".
Same for me I have mine ramp up and then ramp down in the evening.

Yeah I find that as a key feature of LEDs, I don't buy that they're "better" than MH or T5 bulbs, but the ability to change intensity is, IMO, what makes them worth wild. I mean hell I come from some old school where you changed intensity by staggering when your T5 and MH bulbs come on :D :D :D

Yeah I find that as a key feature of LEDs, I don't buy that they're "better" than MH or T5 bulbs, but the ability to change intensity is, IMO, what makes them worth wild. I mean hell I come from some old school where you changed intensity by staggering when your T5 and MH bulbs come on :D :D :D
Agreed, t5 and MH are still hard to match in term of success and colorations..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been running AP700s since they 1st came out. So almost 4 years now. Don’t have any issues with the program since the last update.

Once you program it, there is really no reason to change anything. Plus when you turn it on, you are using the program anyway. Only difference is yours is a straight line and mine varies.

But if you feel running it through 2 on/off cycles everyday works for you /shrug. Your lights.

I had them go off for about a second and then come back on. Nothing that would hurt anything but didn’t @Chromis have then not revert back to their normal program and fried some corals?

Back