Kessil

Angler Stopped Eating

Wlachnit

Past President
My spotted angler which I’ve had about 2y has decided to no longer eat. He’s been eating out of my hand about every 5d or so. It’s been about a month, he’s not interested nor does he throw out his lure. Any thoughts? Or anyone willing to rehab him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was the angler treated with copper recently or two years ago?

The other day, I had a yellow frogfish eat a pintail wrasse whole... expensive meal but it sure was happy.

was there a salinity swing? Higher salinity than before has stopped many from eating.

What kind do you have? Is it like this one.

6c44d27846865141279e01d0723660cf.jpg

I would try a large water change, IME when critters suddenly stop eating it’s some poison accumulated to a critical level. Maybe check chloramines/RO source...

I would try a large water change, IME when critters suddenly stop eating it’s some poison accumulated to a critical level. Maybe check chloramines/RO source...

The other thing that always works is mouth-to-mouth feeding. Take a live silverside in your mouth then pinch just behind the gills on the Wartskin.....

Yep on the water change. There’s been anecdotal info that frogfish can be sensitive to high nitrates(and temps).

Still not eating. It looked like he made a half hearted attempt last week it then he gave up.

Back