Kessil

New Member Area/Introduce yourself thread

Is that you Dave?

hal.jpg

hello, everyone, I am a newbie to BAR and Reefing.
My name is Bo, from China. May carry my tank move back China someday later, lol.
I have a 34G Solana cube for about a year, with mixed corals. Still in the learning curve trying different things. I will open a tank thread and share the pictures. I am glad to join this club and have the opportunity to know more friends.

Hello,

My name is Jude and my husband, Steve and I just joined BAR. We've purchased a used 92G Bow Front with in-hood filter and lights with stand. It had been used in a fresh water setup and we want to start a saltwater reef so are setting out to learn as much as we can. Last night we visited Robert at Neptune Aquatics. What a great, eye opening education! Very quickly, we came to the realization that using the existing hood would not be the wisest choice for the saltwater reef application. (Plus, the switches are fried!) We are now wondering if it would be more cost effective if we find a good quality used saltwater setup, than having to purchase everthing individually???

Robert gave us his suggestions of equipment/maintenance based on our objectives, budget, equipment needed such as (pretty much everything, LOL!); pumps, lighting, filtration, sump, overflow, media, etc., etc. We wanted to get the community's feedback on the most cost effective, bulletproof setup that committed newbies can take (and be successful.) We are very clear of the commitment and patience needed but want to make this something fun for us to do together and enjoy. Thanks for reading this post and we await your comments.

BTW-We have to give Robert at Neptune a big plug for all the time he spent educating us yesterday. They have an incredible variety of mature corals and frags there.

Thank you! Jude

[quote author=santacruzjude link=topic=431.msg85414#msg85414 date=1235843275]
Hello,

My name is Jude and my husband, Steve and I just joined BAR. We've purchased a used 92G Bow Front with in-hood filter and lights with stand. It had been used in a fresh water setup and we want to start a saltwater reef so are setting out to learn as much as we can. Last night we visited Robert at Neptune Aquatics. What a great, eye opening education! Very quickly, we came to the realization that using the existing hood would not be the wisest choice for the saltwater reef application. (Plus, the switches are fried!) We are now wondering if it would be more cost effective if we find a good quality used saltwater setup, than having to purchase everthing individually???

Robert gave us his suggestions of equipment/maintenance based on our objectives, budget, equipment needed such as (pretty much everything, LOL!); pumps, lighting, filtration, sump, overflow, media, etc., etc. We wanted to get the community's feedback on the most cost effective, bulletproof setup that committed newbies can take (and be successful.) We are very clear of the commitment and patience needed but want to make this something fun for us to do together and enjoy. Thanks for reading this post and we await your comments.

BTW-We have to give Robert at Neptune a big plug for all the time he spent educating us yesterday. They have an incredible variety of mature corals and frags there.

Thank you! Jude

[/quote]

Welcome Jude and Steve. :) Where are you from? Your picture reminds me of Hawaii, where I'm from. :D

Hello everyone,

My name is Ron. I have a Biocube 14 with a 70 watt MH lighting upgrade. I used to be a member of NCNRS but... many of you already know that story. My tank has been running about a year and a half. So far I've done pretty well with softies and LPS but I'm not so good at SPS.

It looks like there are some members with amazing tanks and I'm eager to check them out.

Thanks,

Ron

Hello everyone,

My name is Sandro and finally joined this club. I meet people at LFS here and there and always talk good about this club. I'm currently working on setting up a 150 GAL reef so I will probably be asking some questions to all you reefers. This hobby is fun. ANy ideas on how to get my wife on board HAHA

Hello my name is Chad. I have been a member of MARS for about 6 months. I decided to see what your website looks like and now here I am. I'm not a member yet, but I may join.
I have a 120 gal reef with a 40 gal sump. I've been reefing off and on for about 7 years and started up again( can't break the addiction). Right now my tank has a couple frags and some fish. I have found that MARS is a great place to share info and I'm sure it is the same here.
Ok. I'm a member now. Even if I don't make a meeting, I'm happy to support a great reef club.

Joel you have gotten some of the best if Jeremy has been your guide. Congratulations, and welcome to BAR.

From those of us who sometimes can't tell the 'button that takes the pictures', from the on off switch on a camera, your kind make this website colorful.

Awesome! a mass newbie thread!
And hi to all the other new members!

Hey all, I'm Ryan,

(waits for the AA "Hi Ryan")

Just finishing up finals and graduation from San Diego State University and wanted to jump to the boards and get a little established before I head back to the bay area. Originally from San Jose and am planning to move back some time in June. While in SD I got into the hobby and currently have a 100gal aggressive softie reef. Been in the hobby for about 2 years, lots of fun, very interesting. Looking forward to a new market of frag swapping, and if anyone has any "try to get this while you're close to LA" requests pm and I can try to fill them (just try not to destroy a college student's budget!).

Will be posting a "my tank" post soon enough...

Back