got ethical husbandry?

120 gallon Powerhead

I'm in the process of setting up my 120 4'x2'x2' tank. It has dual corner overflow with a return pump about 1000 gph.

I wanted to pick up 1 Coralvue CV-202B dual head (about 24 watts, 12000lph/3000gph water flow), but my buddy said that it may be too strong and may kick around the sand bed. I was going to place it in the back wall middle.

He recommended I get the CV-201B dual head (about 12 watts, 6000lph/1500gph water flow).

Would having a single stronger powerhead in the middle be good? or should I opt for 2 single powerheads on each side of tank? Coralvue has 750 gph and 1250 gph single heads.

The sale ends today and I wanted to pick that up with my MH Lumen bright retrokits. Thanks!

I'd go with two powerheads regardless, one is going to give you a lot of dead areas, plus with two if one malfunctions you'll still have circulation.

Listen to Jeremy. Two pumps will definitely be better for that. One big pump would work for a single direction gyree, but that's not what you are aiming for.

Awesome. I'll go with 2 heads. Where would the placement be, 1 on each side wall, or each 1/3 from side on backwall pointing outwards or inwards?

Also, should i go with 2 X (750 gph, or 1250 gph, or 1500 gph dual head)?

Back