Our mission

K2R Calcium Reactor

Can anyone help me find the owner's manual to the older K2R Calcium reactor? I just purchased a used one and know how to set it up, but I want to know how to tune it. I've googled myself to death and the address to coral farms support returns an ndr with "Mailbox Full" =(

Thanks!

I know Bob closed down the coral farm and I am pretty sure he closed down the K2R wing of his business as well. I moved his coral farm way back in 01 (02?) IIRC. His wife got very sick (cancer) so he stopped the coral farm. When I contacted him years later about equipment I had of his he was not interested in it at all.

Who Is still has a listing....

Advanced Reef Technologies
10270 Alpine Dr. #3
Cupertino, CA 95014
US
408-735-8439
408-735-7934

What do you mean tune it? i have one as well, but only thing I can tune is the CO2 that goes into it( needle wheel on the regulator), or the output of the fliud back to the tank through a tube valve.

I have K2R and I agree with Apon. Not much to tone. I don't think I can make the Jan BofD meeting so if you want me to mail it to you send me your address and I will make you a copy of what i have.

John

Thanks for the advice. Maybe you can just give me the recommended settings for the co2 and output? I should have around 300 gallons of total water volume.

Bula PM sent. I really appreciate you offering to help out. Where are you located?

To get to 6.2 ph effluent start w/ setting the bubble count to 80 per min. I have 180 and effluent was 50 ml per min. so maybe yours should somewhere around 75-100 ml per min depending on load of corals. I wil see if I have the old manual around.

Apon said:
What do you mean tune it? i have one as well, but only thing I can tune is the CO2 that goes into it( needle wheel on the regulator), or the output of the fliud back to the tank through a tube valve.

You've got protein skimmers on the brain... needle VALVE :)

Reactor is up and running on the new tank I'm bringing up. Will be monitoring the water coming out and counting bubbles =)

Bula, Thanks for mailing a print-copy of the manual! I owe you one.. If you're ever in the Brentwood area, swing by and you can pick something from the frag rack.

Back