Kessil

Aquavitro Salt Bucket

Uuumm, how the heck do you open the bucket? I'm pushing on the red lever and turning it counter clockwise and the bucket is turning with it. Am I missing something here?

+1 Old salt buckets :p

push it in a little more. Mine open like a charm. Love them. I hate the old style where I have to hit it with a hammer, or in my case, a hunk of marble :lol:

I have 2 buckets. One was cake to open and the other took a bit more force for the initial opening. Once you twist it open the first time, it is easy afterwards (since you won't over tighten it)

So if I latch the lever on the top hole it should open without me holding the lever right? So the lever is not contacting the teeth? This thing has got to be extra tight.

NM I had to break it loose with a rubber mallot.

is your lid pushed in from the top? had the same problem because there was a lot of weight on the lid causing the air to be pushed out. the lid has a rubber gasket that would not give. i ended up prying a side up when i heard the gush of air and then it popped open.

Anyone have the straps for carrying come lose? The nice little gash on my hand made me want to hate the salt, but it is in its home now, and the top is nice. Why no metal for the handle????

Yep. Happened to me too. this is my bigest complaint about the buckets. The rest is designed beautifully but the handles suck especially considering the added weight of the salt vs. other salt buckets.

Why no metal for the handle????

They don't make the buckets....and there are non like that with metal handles :(

IME you need to make sure it';s secure prior to lifting.

Aren't you guys concern high copper containing in this salts?
Salinity-Salt-Analysis.jpg

Lap copper is needed by all our critters and that is by no means "high copper". Zero worries with me.

If that worries you, then New Life Spectrum and all other pellet feeds should worry you as they have copper sulfate in them ;)

GreshamH said:
Lap copper is needed by all our critters and that is by no means "high copper". Zero worries with me.

If that worries you, then New Life Spectrum and all other pellet feeds should worry you as they have copper sulfate in them ;)

Cleaner shrimp love those copper pellets too!

GreshamH said:

just asking:) since my first tank crash by oceanic when it first came out.I'm little hesitate to try the new kid on the block.especially contain copper 250 x higher then NSW since everybody doing well with it.i love everything else this salt contain.i got 2 more bucket of reef crystal before i order this salt.Thanks again

lapsan

People are scared of copper but IIRC only chelated is pretty much bio-available and I highly doubt they are using that.

I also suspect you're looking at a chart listing NSW levels and it's in PPM and the above chart is mg/L :D

This chart is in PPM... http://ozreef.org/library/tables/natural_sea_water_composition.html

Same here.

After depressing the red thumb release, try turning the lid a bit to the close position; then to the open position. The handle is pretty weak for the weight of this bucket.

Has anyone weighed their bucket yet? I was too lazy to bring the scale downstair, and am curious to know.

GreshamH said:
People are scared of copper but IIRC only chelated is pretty much bio-available and I highly doubt they are using that.

I also suspect you're looking at a chart listing NSW levels and it's in PPM and the above chart is mg/L :D

This chart is in PPM... http://ozreef.org/library/tables/natural_sea_water_composition.html
i thought mg/l is the same thing ppm as long as the mass is the same.according to that chart ,now that 500 time more copper then NSW .i guess i wait and see how everybody doing before i jump in.thanks again

lapsan

Back