High Tide Aquatics

BAYMAC - stuff BAYMAC needs to borrow, do you have?

GreshamH said:
Thanks Robert. I hope we can get all of them to work on the same frequency. I need them for the Door Prize announcements :)

There are two type of walkie talkie, GMRS and FRS. You will need FCC license for GMRS, not FRS. So I think most of you have the FRS type. They are both in UHF but different channels, unless if they are hybrid type.
My walkie talkie are FRS. If others confirm that they are FRS (channel 1-14) also, then we all can talk to each other.

Most that people buy are FRS so I'm not concerned in the least bit. I'd be surprised if they had GMRS ;)

I used to do this professionally (event production) :) I've had licenses in the past for my business since we ran 20+ units and needed them to be high powered to get through massive walls at the venues we worked :) Back then each radio & headset set us back nearly $500 :( I wish I still had those units :(

The rules are ever evolving as well. Now you do not need to take the Morse code test to get a HAM radio license.

Gresh,

You are right!!! No more morse code for Ham license as they try to get more people into Ham and they thought morse was a barrier to entry. Younger generation are now in the internet, etc etc, so Ham in not attractive anymore.
Morse is now just a history and something just for fun. Maritime also dropped morse code. At least I had to go through 13 WPM before I got my license, but my morse code are rusty now.
Anyway, I thought Ham Radio was expensive hobby that I have, but now Reefing is more expensive ... :)
Not sure why I always pick up an expensive hobby.

HAM was $$ but for a couple hundred you can have a decent unit now :) I got my HAM operators license in HS and I think I am going to get it again and pick up a base unit. I live in the mountains and the fires got close last year.

Really ??? Wow ... let me know when you do.
Yes of course you can get a couple hundred you can get a nice used radio. However, my dream radio is the Icom IC-7800. As far as I am reefing, I do not think I can get this one :)

I am too lincesed since HS. Obviously back home as YC0OWZ and in US as N6FUN. Yes, it is a good emergency back up plan, especially when everything else fail during a disaster.

Sorry to make this OT, but we can chat more when you get a new license.

Confirmed that I have 1 40G and 2 32G Brutes. Have 2 sets of casters easily available and another on my mixing station Brute if you are in big need. I also have 7 5G jugs.

My dad should actually be able to cover that one. I'll stop by tomorrow and see.

So I also found 2 200W Jager Heaters and one 200W Hydor Heater. I believe they should be in good working order. Will see what I can do about the mixing container. It is a 40G Brute with a Mag 7 plumbed into it with a hose to pump water out. Not sure if I can get it in the car and I would need to do a 40G water change to empty it out since it currently holds 40G of change water.

Back