got ethical husbandry?

BAYMAC - Corals needed

Charles, I've never been very good at math, so I think we will be fine. I'll make sure to fire up the band saw tonight after work to make sure we meet our goal ;)

cwolfus said:
houser said:
I'll bring a few stylos I'll be there noonish and have an early afternoon volunteer shift. Ok that they are on rods?

Sure, but they would fit better in eggcrate on plugs. I can bring a few if you want to glue the rods to plugs at Baymac.

I'll handle it on my end.

I had said noon but I'm thinking now it's going to be earlier - closer to start time. Closer it gets the more I realize I want to go earlier. And also that I need to start hitting the ATM asap.

I'll be there at 11 AM with DBTC coral already spoken for and a few extra things, Pink Poodle zoas, light green candy cane, Extra Duncan head, Forest Green (currently green/brown) w blue poly monti cap, extra nice meteor shower cyphastrea almost completely encrusting a large disc.

I'm finalizing my frags for BAYMAC, but some of them are more like branches. I'm having a hard time getting them to balance. Can I just bring some non mounted pieces?

Oh, and I think we'll have 150 :D

I will have multiple frags of a few may items. I should be bringing more like 10-14 frags.

I do not know the names of a couple of the acropora frags I am bringing. Will that be a problem, or will others be able to id them?

Here is a very actinic intense picture of one mini colonies that a frag was taken from. I got it from Ocean Treasures clipped from a large colony. It has a light purple base, thinner branches, and green polyps.

pic 'mother' under actinic light
acro reduced.jpg

Pic of the mother from Decemeber
IMG_0103_2.JPG

Nick

Hey mpoletti,I spoke to you yesterday about bringing a chunky frag of the tyree undata,should I just bring multiple smaller frags rather then one 2"x2" frag?Let me know soon.Also I will not get there until around noon,I have my daughters basketball game to attend(GO ST. PAUL'S)

It's weird how different lighting gives off different colors on corals. My florescent green stripe mushroom i gave became nuclear green stripe in the tank, though iono if that coral even sold because it was grown out under the frag plugs... hahaaha What kind of lighting did you guys set up at our booth?

Hey gang,

Special kudos to all who donated. Not only were the the number of frags well beyond our goal, the diversity of corals was unprecedented. I was struck that ours was the only tank with many sticks, plates, zoas, shrooms, LPS, and softies. The diversity and quantity really made out booth stand out and created a lot of traffic as a result.

Great job by all!

Thank you!

Thanks for making this possible guys. I just want to reiterate what Charles said w/the very generous donations from all of you.

Hope you all ended up with some nice stuff.

Back