got ethical husbandry?

225 upgrade IS HERE

Yup, Gresh. Although, I did buy the fixture used but, after the modifications I did it will be better than new. I tore out the transformers for the t5 ballasts (220v). Replaced the t5 ballasts with 110 volts. Added 4 3" fans to the top of the fixture. And Jess is painting the skin a different color as I type this (thanks Jess). The problem with reefbrites is that they would do very poorly in a fixture like this (think heat).

Ian one thing about putting your sump and frag tank in the crawl space. You might want to put a cover over the tank because of the dust and little creatures (insects and mice etc) that like to hang out there.

iani said:
Yup, Gresh. Although, I did buy the fixture used but, after the modifications I did it will be better than new. I tore out the transformers for the t5 ballasts (220v). Replaced the t5 ballasts with 110 volts. Added 4 3" fans to the top of the fixture. And Jess is painting the skin a different color as I type this (thanks Jess). The problem with reefbrites is that they would do very poorly in a fixture like this (think heat).

Yup RB does not recommend sticking their LED strip lights into fixtures as the strip lights utilize passive cooling :)

I can't wait to see pictures ;) Powder coated or just painted?

So not really powder coated, but it will be baked on... So it'll be a white iridescent then? What do you mean by pearls?

I'm painting it a real light grey almost white with a Pearl...

I thought PC might be better but after seeing howbad the first job the prep for PC would be strip to bare metal n being 6' long its hard to find a shop with a huge strip tank that would be reasonably priced

That's what I thought. I was thrown off by the "pearls" part :lol:

THREAD TITLE DECEPTIVE IAN.

title says "very soon" but first line of the post says "not soon."

wtf? get on with it already so i can raid your corals during the move. :)

i can get any color in powdercoating i want(almost kandy,pearl,metalic,etc) but finding a shop with a solvent/prep tank that wont cost 100+ dollars just for prep....

i can paint remove the bad areas(end caps) and D/A all the big areas then i can shoot a base white sealer

then shoot a intergrated whitish silver with pearl

then clear 2-3 times.... i dont see the need to cut and buff it when done cuz white hides alot, i just make sure that i wont leave dry spots....

as far as Ian knows, i know what i am doing, but let me tell you in this weather were having im not sure anyone knows what there doing,LOL

eldiablosrt8 said:
i can get any color in powdercoating i want(almost kandy,pearl,metalic,etc) but finding a shop with a solvent/prep tank that wont cost 100+ dollars just for prep....

i can paint remove the bad areas(end caps) and D/A all the big areas then i can shoot a base white sealer

then clear 2-3 times.... i dont see the need to cut and buff it when done cuz white hides alot, i just make sure that i wont leave dry spots....

as far as Ian knows, i know what i am doing, but let me tell you in this weather were having im not sure anyone knows what there doing,LOL

Yeah wet and cold helps painting cure prefectly fine :lol:

I have a job for you Jess. I'll let you know when it gets closer to being needed to be done.

The line starts behind me! :D

I'll give you a call in the next few days, Ian. Things have been hectic for the past week; just picked up a new phone to replace the other.

reefdan said:
THREAD TITLE DECEPTIVE IAN.

title says "very soon" but first line of the post says "not soon."

wtf? get on with it already so i can raid your corals during the move. :)
You need to read the updated post Dan.

eldiablosrt8 said:

I still trust you.

sfsuphysics said:
wow I get a couple tunzes from that garage and the whole thing falls out eh Ian? Probably felt good for Boun to move a little bit out of there :D
Haha, it would seem like it huh Mike?

Tumbleweed said:
I am still waiting to hear the move date Ian.
No set in stone move date yet. We need to do some improvements on the house before we can move in.

Ibn said:
The line starts behind me! :D

I'll give you a call in the next few days, Ian. Things have been hectic for the past week; just picked up a new phone to replace the other.
LOL, Eric. Yeah give me a call.

gimmito said:
Nice thread so far Ian...can't wait to see that tank set up. ;)
Thanks Jim. I'm waiting for your tank as well.

Shot of the track actuator and the pulleys.
9462bf76-1.jpg

9cd8d7a5-1.jpg

Back