Reef nutrition

Night time photography

kinetic said:
A_Lee said:
I checked it out Art -it's a good thing you advised to wear bright colors ... lots of cars! haha
Compositionally a bit hard to work with for the constant fear of being run over :D
4892437457_949a918930_z.jpg

Nice photo! Good composition. What time of night did you go? When I go there's usually only one or two cars, never going too fast.

Let's head out to the city one of these days, I'll show you some of my favorite spots.

Thanks! I am all for that Art!!! That sounds like a lot of fun! :D

I went at about 9PM-ish. There weren't a ton of cars per se, but there were a fair amount. I always had a car to look at :) It was a Saturday evening, so I am not entirely surprised! haha

I'd recommend you go to the look out point in The Presidio. It's just inside the arguello gate and next to the golf course. On a clear night it's awesome!

rgonzalez said:
I'd recommend you go to the look out point in The Presidio. It's just inside the arguello gate and next to the golf course. On a clear night it's awesome!

I think I know what you're talking about. When you enter through the Arguello gate, it is about 1/4 mile in on the right hand side, correct?

Awesome shots Art! The moon really cooperated with you that evening!!! :D
Did you use any filters or anything to get the sky to look the way it does?

A_Lee said:
Awesome shots Art! The moon really cooperated with you that evening!!! :D
Did you use any filters or anything to get the sky to look the way it does?

No filters, just overexposed by 3 stops, set the shutter to 15 seconds, waited for just the right moment for the clouds to make the moon look crazy, and went for it.

Back