Neptune Aquatics

Crab season

JAR

From USA Fishing.
http://www.usafishing.com/GGreport.html

"Crabs, dabs and live bait trips
We are expecting an incredible crab season this year with sport pots brimming with easy limits of JUMBO crabs during those days prior to the commercial opener. Sport anglers can expect counts of 10 to 20 plus crabs per pot for an overnight soak and even those day fishing will find quick rewards. "

Now that the world series is behind us it's time to get off the couch!

I love my life! :)

The excitement is brimming around here, the boys are out painting their buoys and mending their pots, stacks forming spontaneously to 15' high :)

Not to mention the HMB buoy is ringing 16ft @ 20sec :)

Jon are your pots ready cuz I know I am :)

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!

Just email, it's a one man operation as far as booking is concerned.

tuberider said:
The excitement is brimming around here, the boys are out painting their buoys and mending their pots, stacks forming spontaneously to 15' high :)

Not to mention the HMB buoy is ringing 16ft @ 20sec :)

My stacks are only 5' high.
The waves are cracking.
Not so good for going out of the channel.
Hopefully it lays down in the next few days.

Saturday: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming WNW 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...W 8 ft and S 2 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.

Saturday Night: WNW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A slight chance of rain. Mixed swell...W 6 ft and S 2 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.

Crabs are so good tasting, I am hungry again:). I never went on a trip before, and am wondering how it works. If I go on a trip with say Salmon Queen, does each individual set his/her own pot, then wait on the boat for hours, and check his/her luck at the end of the trip?

I spoke with the salmonqueen and he said he no longer does crab combo trips since obtaining his commercial license. Oh well :(

Is it illegal to go buy a crab pot and place it in the bay close to the shore?

Gonzo said:
I spoke with the salmonqueen and he said he no longer does crab combo trips since obtaining his commercial license. Oh well :(

Is it illegal to go buy a crab pot and place it in the bay close to the shore?

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/marine/pdfs/oceanfish2010.pdf

I did a lot of blue crabbing on the east coast as a kid. Is it the same out here? Drop a pot with chicken thighs in it. Wait a few hours. Pick it back up?

Gonzo,
crabbing is a no brainer but you can't take dungeness out of the bay and there is a size restriction on them.
Check the regs.

There are size restrictions on blue crabs and you can't take them from certain regions as well. I read the regulation document and was asking if people used pots or string with chicken attached to the end.

Back